Yet Another New Article Telling All About the "New" 2024 Model

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by revorg, Sep 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. revorg

revorg Well-Known Member

gosjsgdi likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

4. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

Convertible for 2025. They have my attention!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

wessy likes this.
  5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What will be the 2024 MINI Electric price?
    The new MINI Electric’s prices could start at slightly above USD 30,000.

Where did this info come from? Will MINI could absorb the big jump in import tariffs or is the cost of manufacturing in China so low it will compensate for the difference?

"The motor will be smaller" -- combined with the weight of a bigger battery, that doesn't bode well for acceleration.

SameGuy likes this.
  6. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Smaller in size, not output (apparently).

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

Wouldn't that be a natural--almost mandatory--caveat to include with "smaller" if it was true? Indeed, it would be worth boasting about if they can make a smaller motor with equal or greater output.

9. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

A tiny high pitched Shop Vac whine is more irritating that a larger and arguably more quiet Shop Vac. This is exactly why Dyson up sized to the $969.99 Outsize Absolute+ for maximum suckage with a quieter operation!

I'd also like to see shorter and smaller automated toll booths and parking garage machines so that drivers need to exit their vehicle.

Ericwc and revorg like this.
  10. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

You caught the smaller motor but missed the part that said the actual motor HP and that the car will be lighter?

11. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Every model of BMW I 3 since 2014 to present with improved range 60 /94 /120 ampH was getting heavier and heavier and that car with carbon fiber cage and plastic panels reinforced by carbon fiber and all alloys they use no steel in a car 2014 I 3 2600 lbs weight . how 2024 SE get lighter with bigger range as of today and smaller motor which is small from a beginning / light can get those specifications to be faster lighter and bigger range ? Must be steel to build that car there lighter than carbon fiber use in Dresden Germany for 8 years.Sorry a car is gone was to expensive to build and to buy $ 45000 base but in my opinion was the most sophisticated EV in that decade and as Mini Cooper SE butcher to make EV is not a way to go with future EV cars .

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. teslarati97

i3 & i8 was a low volume body-on-frame platform that was a victim of BMW "Rule 60" (retire or take non-executive role by 60). Harald Krüger tookover the CEO role in 2015 and took the foot off the electrification. Mr. Krüger's term was not renewed and now Oliver Zipse is picking up the pieces.

With German Mitbestimmungsgesetz, the law requires the board with 50% unions representation for companies with 2000+ employees.

14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Your statement about executives at company is not help anyone to have any clue what I was referring to speak clear English to be understood by everyone I don’t care what they doing but they introduced I 3 which was failure just after 8 years which was sophisticated car in EV era and they stop to build a car this June .As BMW is high ends cars I don’t see they will build affordable cars for a for everyone.

15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

That law you referring to was introduced 1976 and without Marshall Plan in 1948 by USA they will be driving WV Beetle today as a rest of Europe we rebuild that economy and they don’t care anymore

16. teslarati97

Ok let's make this more simple.

Dr. Herbert Diess is poached from BMW -> VW in 2015
    Norbert Reithofer (pro electric) retires at age 60 (BMW Rule 60) and weak Harald Krüger takes over
    BMW internal combustion union workers are not happy with electrification and stall BMW i with 50% board representation
    Carsten Brietfield (i8 head) and other BMW i engineers & designers get poached by Chinese and Koreans

SameGuy likes this.
  17. insightman

Oops. Yes, I missed the 181/225 hp in the table. Thanks for pointing that out. Sounds like an amazing motor after all--especially if it's also smaller.

18. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

lucid-studios.jpg

So this Lucid Air drive unit is good for 500kW / 670 horsepower and it's quite small. I think Peter Rawlinson carried it in a suitcase in one of their videos. Isn't that a crazy amount of power for the footprint? It seems like other manufacturers are leaving space on the table in their designs.

insightman likes this.
  19. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    The biggest turn-off for me are the tail lights and the rear trim connecting them, as shown in the Motoring File article. It will really be a bummer if that's the final design.
    https://www.motoringfile.com/2021/12/10/uncovered-all-new-2024-electric-mini-hatch/

The MotoringFile pic has the rear trim bar between the lights, but the TopElectricSUV picture has a more traditional MINI hatch lift, which allowed them to easier camouflage the lights with stickers.

I'd feel better if they went with Aceman type tail lights. The rear in the Motoring File pic just seems too out of character. It doesn't look like a MINI to me.
    https://www.dicklovett.co.uk/mini/news/mini-aceman-concept