Yellow mirror cups after owning SE for 1 1/2 year Done!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rexsio, Jun 19, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

$50 paint and primer and 2 hr.work .Send a cups with 400 wet send paper clean with water and clean with rubbing alcohol let dry.2 coats of primer and send lightly clean with alcohol.4 coats every 5 minutes yellow paint very light coats .Don’t paint in windy conditions.I let dry in 80’ NY .weather and indoor over night before installation tomorrow.I’m very happy how a cups ,paint job looks.A pro painting shops were asking from $250- $375 for a cups painting job and a wrap shop $350 for both cups. IMG_0955.jpeg IMG_0956.jpeg IMG_0957.jpeg IMG_0958.jpeg

Tommm, Louis W, sacharama and 2 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

@Rexsio, your skill set continues to impress! I found the website of S & I Auto Color from their phone number on the paint can. How did they formulate the Energetic Yellow color?

4. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

A guy in store open a book and we try to Mach a wrap yellow color which I use around my car on rims stripes on hood and he is pro with all kind of mixing equipment after a mix was done he put a paint under a pressure into spraying can ,picture with a phone and name of a store I put for reason maybe some members on forum need that yellow a can was $28 and bigger white primer $20 for those 2 cups I used 1/2 amount from both cans and they apply were well .

insightman likes this.
  5. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

IMG_0963.jpeg What else should be yellow on my car ? Any ideas? Brake calipers are paint yellow already IMG_0959.jpeg IMG_0960.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
    insightman and PoweredUp like this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Let's hope Lotus doesn't file a cease-and-desist lawsuit for imitating their color scheme :)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Wrap the roof?

<runs away>

9. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

⚡ ⚡ bonnet 'stripes', of course.

ghost and Tommm like this.
  10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

If I knew I could get the lightning stripes aftermarket when I ordered the car I wouldnt have ordered the factory stripes. Too late now, they are under the clear bra.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. ghost

ghost Active Member

So tempted!

13. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

14. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I build them myself and paint yellow with caliper paint and rap them with black plastic door protection

15. pictsidhe

pictsidhe Well-Known Member

16. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I hope that number is helping you In auto cross and what number you will assign to my English racing green IMG_1055.jpeg