Yellow mirror caps

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by JonR, Nov 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

My 2021 SE has yellow mirror caps but I would love to trade with someone that has black mirror caps. Any takers?

I only have about 5K miles on the car and it is garage kept so the mirror caps are like new.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

I (will) have white caps -currently on the boat-, and wouldn’t mind trading, assuming a) you want white, and b) the wife is ok with the yellow

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

Sorry, I am looking for black mirror caps. What makes this more difficult is Mini changed the shaped in 2020.

I have thought about buying Night Jack mirror caps but I'd rather have just solid black ones.

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

My 2021 SE came with gray mirror caps, because MINI wouldn't allow the yellow accents with Chili Red. I think black caps normally only come with the black roof.

You could paint them, that's what my dealer recommended. Or buy black ones and sell the yellow on eBay.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

If my 2021 SE was BRG, I'd want both the yellow "blade" on the grille and yellow mirror caps--MINI wouldn't sell that combo. Some say the restriction is to prevent Lotus from being unhappy.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ColdCase

ColdCase Active Member

Last I checked a few months ago, there are black caps in the accessory catalog, and aftermarket. I didn't like the yellow caps, so the dealer swapped them for black ones. For those new to mini, they just snap on and off, less than a minute job (there is a YouTube video). Sales manager says his son has a collection of a dozen or so caps, and swaps them out often. No big deal if you can find the ones you want. Seems to be common within the mini enthusiast community in the Northeast US.

9. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

Mini has primer mirror caps or the "jack" ones but not black.

ColdCase, which dealer did you use?

10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

I bought the knock off red/check JCW cap covers off eBay. They slip over the cap and are held with 2 sided tape. Red is a bit orangey but not too bad. They would work on any other color car. They sell them in many colors and patterns. For $40 v $200 they are OK.
    20211102_182045.jpg 20211102_181939.jpg 20211102_174509.jpg
    mini cooper mirror caps | eBay

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  11. insightman

I believe MINI's mirror caps do not come with a hole for the puddle-light so if you buy a new set and your SE has the driver's side puddle-light feature you may have to drill the hole in that cap.

SameGuy likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Parts guy at my store believes there is a perforation for it that the end user pops out.

insightman likes this.
  14. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

Trying this again. Anyone?

15. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

My SE with black mirror caps is in transit right now to the dealer! Wanted yellow but order was already in from someone else and I just took it on. Was already looking at options to wrap them...Message me your location info if you're in the US and we'll see what we can make work!

chrunck likes this.
  16. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I'll PM you.

17. Torrey

Torrey Active Member

I have a BRG on order and thinking of adding a single offset viper stripe. I think yellow would be my first choice, but will probably go with white so I don’t get dirty looks from Lotus fans.

18. insightman

This Lotus fan says go with the yellow stripe and tell any miffed Lotus fans you couldn't afford $2,000,000+ for the electric Lotus.

upload_2022-2-23_23-15-50.png
    Did Lotus carefully avoid Energetic Yellow to preclude dirty looks from MINI Cooper SE fans?

revorg and MichaelC like this.
  19. drdunkyn

drdunkyn Well-Known Member

I really like the subtle hints of SE on my car. I don't need a moon rover to show people I have an EV. Love the SE options to show what it is. Considering yellow pinstripes on the hood, next to the black racing stripes. But I also want to tie it all together with a minimum silver pinstripe. The silver belt line is growing on me, especially with the roulette wheels. Definitely a work in progress, but SO enjoying this little SE!!!

wessy, CoachCookie, MichaelC and 2 others like this.
  20. JonR

JonR Well-Known Member

I was able to trade my yellow mirror caps for black ones.

SameGuy and Alf_W like this.
  21. JMB2021

JMB2021 New Member

Not sure if you are still looking for black mirror caps, but if you are i have a pair. I have a 2021 mini SE and and built mine out and had black accents and mirror caps instead of the energetic yellow. I switched my black ones out with some midnight black Union Jack covers and want a little change and would like to have the energetic yellow. So if I can find my black ones, i would love to trade.

SameGuy likes this.
  22. Kblake

Kblake New Member

I got in the conversation a little late. I have a set of black mirror caps and would like the yellow ones if anyone is interested. SE is a 2022 with about 200 miles so they are new. Thanks.

SameGuy likes this.
  23. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Upvoting this thread now because it’s a cool idea, and @JonR ’s mirror caps are no longer available.

I have a never-used set of black caps as well (dealer installed Night Jack caps during PDI), will entertain any interesting trade offers, yellow or otherwise.