Yellow mirror cap stolen :(

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by notvichyssoise, Nov 7, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. notvichyssoise

notvichyssoise New Member

Unfortunately one (?!) of my 2022 SE's yellow mirror caps was stolen last night - searching this forum I saw that MINI does not sell these caps. Any idea if that is true for replacements as well (and is there anybody out there looking to sell their yellow caps?)

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Qisl

Qisl Active Member

From past experience, I've learned that one theft from a car can be a prelude to another theft. (Eg, one night I had plates stolen from my car. And the next night my hub caps were obtained.) Is it possible to set up a camera to focus on your other yellow mirror cap?

4. GvilleGuy

GvilleGuy Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this.

5. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Bummer, and why just one?

I'd suggest contacting MINI parts department to see about a replacement.

6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

So the thief was smart enough to read this forum to discover the Energetic Yellow mirror caps are unobtanium, but too dumb to take both mirror caps? Heed @Qisl's warning.

I think you should get a pair of available mirror caps ASAP and replace your remaining yellow cap to keep it safe. You can have mirror caps painted, too. After hearing MINI doesn't want to sell them, I wondered if the Energetic Yellow mirror caps on my SE are painted.

SameGuy and Puppethead like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    If I ever come across a set myself, I’ll snap them up and put them away…

9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I'd think my even more obscure Vigorous Grey mirror caps could be at risk, but since it's the color gray I doubt people notice them much.

10. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I think the mirror caps are most certainly painted energetic yellow. Should still be the same cover for Clubman/Countryman as well.

Not sure if there was a difference for the 2022+ models.

11. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

If you take one of yours you be able to recognize if they paint yellow inside too easy to do it as long your finger nails a touch longer I take them few times no tools required. As price for painting my black cups I have a price $200 for both from pros and wrap $300 for both but I bought a wrap already and I do myself but is 2 people job bc of depth of those cups which on YouTube the show how to do it .I did on I 3 I have some practice

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Any body knows if black cups are available throughout dealers?..

14. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

Ironic eh?

The yellow caps are definitely painted. Having seen the inside of them before installing them on my car there was definitely overspray. That said, before I obtained the yellow ones through trade, the energetic yellow paint seemed hard to come by at the dealer as well :/

@notvichyssoise Hope you find a good solution, and maybe the thief as well!

Rexsio likes this.
  15. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

Go to DMV and bc a SE is so rare car maybe you be able located a car where your car is with yellow cups or dealer in your location can help you to find that car which they sold with yellow cups just crazy idea but I will not give up on a thief!!bc he was not a pro taking only one to replace one on his car .

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
  16. ghost

ghost Active Member

It sounds like the work of teenagers! Cancel the prom!

(Or someone damaged theirs)

17. notvichyssoise

notvichyssoise New Member

I agree it's likely a stupid teenager but that doesn't make me any less annoyed. Called parts and confirmed the replacement comes primed and ready to paint, paint job would be a separate thing. Tough one to swallow...

18. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Get the set of union jack or something else that is more fun if you must get from the dealer.

SameGuy and revorg like this.
  19. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Or just be quirky and have one black one and one yellow one.

20. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    They are not that easy to remove, so the thief obviously had to know what they were doing, and for sure liberated the OP of it in order to repair or replace their own missing yellow mirror cap. I do wonder if the thief is trying to replace a Lemon Yellow or other optional yellow MINI color, but instead inadvertently stole a rare Energetic Yellow.

21. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

They must be available to buy in case of accident damage?
    Or do all plain color mini caps need to be sprayed at the dealer? That is surprising if so…

22. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Thats why I suggested the union jack or another of the cooler ones.

23. AlexGoes

AlexGoes New Member

So sorry that this happened to you. So frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs