Working hard to have bull bar for SE /design and put into a metal

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Rexsio, Apr 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

95EC030C-3BCA-472F-AC67-1904B667E7B9.jpeg Is a design to be transfer into real thing soon . Is nothing there on a market to buy it .

Tommm and david9999999 like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

BB95FB6B-8FF6-434C-A6C4-8181AD63A8AF.jpeg

4. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Have you looked at what is available for other cars? Depending on what fabrication tools you have, it may be cheaper/easier to buy one made for another car and adapt it to fit your Mini.

I'm not sure about dimensions but the Subaru Crosstrek was the first thing that came to mind:
    https://ironman4x4america.com/rally-innovations-front-rally-light-bar-mount-kit-with-led-lights-suited-for-2021-subaru-crosstrek/

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    I’d find someone with a mandrel who can TIG up aluminum, if this were something I’d find appealing. I can’t imagine having an extra 10+ kg of steel hanging out ahead of the front axle and way outside the car’s centre of mass.

6. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

I think @Rexsio may be the only one interested in attached a bull bar but I did want to point out that depending on how this is attached, you may accidentally turn a minor fender bender into expensive damage.

This may prevent bumps and scrapes to the plastic bumper but the bumper structure is designed to absorb low speed crashes with no major damage. Attaching something in front of the bumper to the car's subframe or other structure could cause some very expensive damage in even a minor crash.

SameGuy likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    Agree one hundred percent.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Perhaps the best compromise to get the tough, bull-bar appearance without affecting crash protection would be a squishy plastic foam bull bar (then avoiding automatic car washes).

10. SameGuy

YUL
    Ah, but the OP is looking for a way to mitigate damage caused by notoriously bold NYC street parkers! ;)

GvilleGuy likes this.