Wireless Connection to Android Auto/CarPlay

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Randy Stegbauer, Dec 20, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

Carplay2air must be really nervous about this.

3. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

You really think the ultra slow processor in the Clarity head unit will be able to handle this? I'm sticking to a reliable wired connection that also charges my phone at the same time.

Tried wireless charging on my previous smartphone, wasn't impressed with the charging speed or how much it heated up the battery in the phone.

coutinpe likes this.
  4. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

From the quoted article comes this pearl:
    ... "provided it already supports CarPlay and Android Auto in wired form and packs the necessary hardware..." Enough said...

5. Stan-O

Stan-O Member

After having watched Netflix and YouTube on that ultra slow processor in the Clarity, I'm hopeful it can handle wireless AA.

You realize that adding the wireless AA will not prevent you from using it wired, right? It's not like they're taking the wired option out, you could still use that. Same thing with Qi charging -- you can still use your cord to charge your phone. No need to diss the wireless options. ;)

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Paddy

Paddy Member

Carplay2air is the best accessory I bought for the car. Don’t need to care about the official support anymore.

8. Jason90405

Jason90405 Member

I don't think Carplay2air works for Android phone :(

9. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

I do wish Honda would release the retrofit, and not just for the Accord. I would much prefer a native integration instead of extra dongles in the tray.