wiper blade refills?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by sassnak, Mar 6, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sassnak

sassnak New Member

I saw an old thread on replacing just the wiper blade rubber/silicone strips, but all the links to where people had purchased their refills are no longer working. I bought some off Amazon and while they are the right size/type, the bottoms are flat whereas the bottoms of the Clarity ones are beveled. That means I can't install them. I can't find any that I can tell for sure from the pics are beveled. Where are people getting their refills? I know they can be purchased from Honda but would like to either spend less or get better quality.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I got mine at the dealer. $8-10

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turtleturtle likes this.
  4. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

I bought these on Amazon:

BEMOST Car Frameless Windshield Wiper Blade Refills Rubber strips Pack of 2 (26 Inches)

sassnak likes this.
  5. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I bought refills but they sit unopened because I solved my problem. I applied RainX which made the problem of the wipers skipping across the windshield, making a racket, go away.

6. sassnak

sassnak New Member

Each, or total? The other thread mentioned them being around $7 each at the dealer and that was a couple of years ago.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. sassnak

sassnak New Member

Thanks! I'll give those a try.

9. sassnak

sassnak New Member

I'm a fan of RainX, but mine are ancient and really need to be replaced lol. But even new I wasn't impressed with the originals, so I don't think I'd be getting anything better at the dealer than elsewhere. Hopefully the reverse!

I really like the RainX windshield wiper fluid - no need to ever apply it manually if you use it! - but I've read it can damage some wiper fluid sensors, so I haven't used it in my Clarity.

10. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I have been using the RainX windshield wiper fluid for two years, have not noticed any damage to wiper fluid sensors. Are there wiper fluid sensors on the Clarity?

11. Each

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sassnak likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. JCA

JCA Active Member

I got OEM replacement rubber from hondapartsnow.com, part number 76622-TDK-J01. Around $5 each plus shipping, so it may be worth checking local dealers (some outrageously mark up small parts, some don't).

I always find our wiper blades get hard and skip after being in the summer heat, so I usually replace in the fall before the rainy season. I'm sure there are good aternatives, but I've had decent results with Toyota and Honda OEM inserts. The original blades on my 2019 weren't great even before they sat through a summer. I don't know if that was from shipping, being cleaned at the dealer, or what, but after replacing they were MUCH better for the next year.

sabasc likes this.
  14. sassnak

sassnak New Member

I think there is a low fluid warning, so it would be that sensor. IIRC the problem was that the additives to the RainX wiper fluid can leave residue or somehow interfere with some sensors causing them not to work correctly. But some cars handle it fine and it seems like if the Clarity was going to have an issue with it you'd have seen it by now! I think I'll have to go out and buy some RainX fluid for mine now, that stuff really is great.

sabasc likes this.
  15. sassnak

sassnak New Member

I ordered a different set off Amazon so hopefully those will work, but if not I'll go ahead and get the Honda ones. It is reassuring to know that your second pair were better.

sabasc likes this.
  16. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I bought these from Amazon based on an earlier post:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H28SFR7
    Shipped from China, so some time required for delivery, but they are nice wipers and easy to install. They come connected together and you have to tear them apart, but they tear apart super smoothly and no streaks when used. They are extremely slick so no noise when using them. I've only used them in the rain once so far, so I can't comment on how well they hold up, but so far I'm happy with them.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    sabasc and insightman like this.
  17. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

Next time you all wash your car, wipe a damp rag across the blade a few times. I discovered the amount of filth that accumulates on the blades is quite often taken for granted. Third year on the original wiper blades; no cracking, streaks, or skips

sabasc and insightman like this.
  18. leehinde

leehinde Active Member

Thanks for giving me a chance to tell this story again:

I replaced the blades on my 2018 and months laster, when I asked Elk Grove (CA) Honda to fix the 'aim' of the cleaner nozzle they refused because I'd replaced the blades.

(narrator: It's unrelated.)

sabasc likes this.
  19. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

What's next, "Sorry, sir, we cannot change your Clarity's oil because you repositioned the angle of your seat back."?

sabasc likes this.
  20. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Similar thing. I got whole replacement arms (Bosch) from the auto parts store. Verified they are the exact same length as the OEM arms. Asked them if they could look at the tension since they were going over the edge of the windshield in a storm several months ago, and they told me it was probably because the arms weren't original. Obvious bullshit excuse...

sabasc likes this.
  21. graure

graure Member

I went to my local dealer to buy a set of 76622-TDK-J02, they wanted $11.50 each for them! I went home, ordered them from the Honda E-store site with pickup at the exact same dealership for $7.48 each (full MSRP). Picked them up the next day and was surprised at how easy it was to do the refill - it only took about a minute per blade. This is definitely a cheaper route than replacing the full blade and I guess no one can hassle you about not having the OEM blade in place later on.

MrFixit likes this.
  22. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

@graure,
    Thanks for the tip... I just ordered some this way.

There were actually some OEM blades at the on-line Honda sites for around $5.00 each, but by the time you pay the $10 shipping fee they wind up costing the same thing your dealer wanted to charge. I was unaware of this free dealer pickup option at the e-store.

23. su_A_ve

su_A_ve Active Member

So you can order from E-Store for pickup at dealership?? I got OEM versions via eBay from some Honda dealers. Bernardi has good prices, but shipping kills it - they do have free ship with 75, so depends on how much stuff you buy.