Winter Tires

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Regnaston, Jul 29, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi all

I plan on putting on winter tires for the snowy months. Do any of you run steel rims instead of the installed ones?

I found a set of used (80% tread) tires and rims for sale on a buy and sell for only $280 CDN they are Hankook i*pike tires

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I bought steel rims and Michelin Xice3 tires. I've been running on them for 3 winters now. Work great. No issues.

Regnaston likes this.
  4. Winter tyres are not needed where I live, but the deal seems good so it would be a good idea to buy the set, especially as you were thinking of going down that route anyway.

5. I wish I lived some place where winter tires/tyres were not needed. :D

I did buy them drove about 3.5 hours each way to get them (if I had bought new rims and tires instead of getting them used, it would have easily been $1000)

On a side note, does anyone know why the UK & Australia (probably NZ too) spell it TYRE and in North America we spell it TIRE ??

OzKona likes this.
  6. Regnaston likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. You were long ago culturally appropriated by your southern neighbour/neighbor/naybor, despite holding on to a Westminister political system :D:D:D

A bit like us, really, but the tyranny of distance is in our favour/favor.;)

Regnaston likes this.
  9. we use 'our' in those words :D

10. Could have quite a discussion about this but it's way off topic so better leave it. Love Canada, BTW. Wife is Canadian (from Alberta) so been over there many times in all seasons, mostly in the west. Also have rels in Arizona so we do a bit of a circuit when we visit - Vancouver, Phoenix, Calgary, Kamloops, Edmonton, Whitecourt for the main part, plus Saskatoon and a couple of outliers in Toronto and Halifax. Wonderful stuff every time.

IGSAD and Regnaston like this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.