Winter Mode Keeps Turning Off

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Knewfie, Dec 22, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hi There, has anyone experienced their winter mode turning off on it's own? We have a 2021 Ultimate and every so often when we check to see if it's enabled, the checkmark has disappeared.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I don't have Winter mode on mine do I am not sure about that but I believe it only works below certain temperatures. So it probably deactivates itself if the temp goes above that threshold.

4. My experience has been the car will keep winter mode active (if selected) without regard to the temperature.
    I will add however that I have experienced ( on my 19 model) the regen levels/mode settings have a mind of their own on occasion and resort to a different level then what I selected, so anything similar wouldn't surprise me.

mho likes this.
  5. If you use the paddles often if you tap and not hold you will change the setting

6. Thanks for the replies! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. In the last 4 days it has disabled twice. The last time when I checked the outside temp was +3. This morning it was disabled again and it's -2.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. CharlyM

CharlyM Member

Do you use BlueLink to set the charging percentage ?

electriceddy likes this.
  9. No problem with my Winter Mode staying on. Just checked it...

10. Jorge Figueiras

Jorge Figueiras New Member

It is a known bug when using the BLUELINK app to change the "Target State of Charge". As soon as you use that function, winter mode turns off.

apu, KiwiME and electriceddy like this.
  11. Oh, OK, I don't use BlueLink for that. I do it in the car. Most of the time, I just leave them both at 100%, although never charge all the way to that.

12. To remove this ad click here.