Windshield Washers

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by John Lilly, Sep 20, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. John Lilly

John Lilly Member

Really bad. No matter how long I run the washer (with Rainex solution), the windshield is still smeared.

Anybody have a better experience?

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

Uye47 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

I applied regular Rain-X then buffed it thoroughly as instructed. Since then, with plain water in the wiper fluid, it's been working well (clearing well in rain). I've been tempted to add the Rain-X solution to the wiper fluid, but have not done that yet.

Sent using Inside EVs mobile app

4. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

It's very likely you have a greasy/oily residue on your windshield and wipers from something. Sometimes car-detailing stuff gets on the windshield and makes a mess. Thoroughly clean the windshield and wiper blades with a window cleaner strong enough to remove the residue. Then try running the wipers with just plain water splashing on the windshield from a hose. If you still get smearing, repeat step 1. If not, try the solution in your washer reservoir and see if that's ok. If it leads to smearing, pump that out, clean the reservoir, and start over. Finally, if you still get smearing, try new blades.

insightman and ClarityDoc like this.
  5. Heino

Heino Active Member

Use one of those magic erasers in warm water. It will get the greasy residue off.

Arthur Picard and Ordell98 like this.