Will these puddle lights fit the SE?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Deepak Rao, Nov 14, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The SE puddle light is in the driver-side mirror, I don't think the older door bottom puddle light works.

4. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    The puddle lights are under the door handles on both sides, while the MINI logo projector is under the offside (driver's side) mirror.

Deepak Rao likes this.
  5. Puppethead

My SE's door handle lights don't shine on the ground (the puddle area), just illuminate the handles. My previous 2015 Cooper S (F56) had puddle lights on the undersides of the doors, and you can swap out different designs.

6. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Thanks. These are for ones under the door, so wont fit I guess.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. SameGuy

YUL
    Weird. Mine do cast light in the "puddle" area, but it's subtle compared to the crisp logo projection.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Do left-hand drive MINI Cooper SEs have puddle-light power connections in the right-side mirror? I want the logo to project from both sides.

10. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

No, all have only drivers side. I know this because when I was looking for mirror caps I was told that LHD and RHD caps are different because of the cutout for the light.

11. Puppethead

Maybe the passenger side has the necessary wiring for the puddle light, and all that's needed is to install the light and a cap with the cutout. After all, the US models have fully-wired rear fog lights but lack the switch to use them.

Maybe someone who's replacing their caps can do a little investigation.

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

YUL
    I think it was discussed elsewhere (other sites), but the circuit also needs to be addressed on the network from BDC_BODY and I don't know if anybody has coded it.

14. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Just checked and I see that the handles have lights but there are LED lights at the bottom of the doors too.