Will I be missing features?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by rustybones, Mar 25, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

Will I?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rustybones

rustybones Member

Ordered my Mini SE 2023 one month ago. When I went to track production I noticed a item labeled "Heated Steering Wheel Credit" and "Alarm System Credit" under the drop down menus. Does this mean my car will come without those?

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

That’s how I read that…

4. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

As i understand it, yes.
    No heated wheel may cause issues in my marriage.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
  5. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

FWIW, when I ordered my car it showed a credit for the HK system, but it made it through in the end. All I can say is plan for the worst, hope for the best.

endquote, Urbanengineer and SameGuy like this.
  6. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

Sigh - I hadn't realize the Alarm System may now be cut, but I'm seeing the same in My Garage now too!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Brawndo

Brawndo Member

I'm just hoping I get a car at all at this point

9. sage major

sage major New Member

Mine went into production today, and I see both alarm and heated steering wheel listed as credits. I would rather not have the sunroof

BackPack likes this.
  10. Mike Dunn

Mike Dunn New Member

Ditto. Same thing on my build sheet. Might turn down my Resolute and wait for the 2024 SE.

11. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Oh, but ACC is back. I’d rather have the heated wheel back and ACC dropped (and use the money that option set me back to get a top-shelf nano-ceramic tint).

Godfrey likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    A month ago, huh? Me too… maybe my MA will have some news this week.

14. I just got my 2022 SE on Saturday after 5 months of waiting!! :) My salesperson told me that I was very lucky to receive a car with a heated steering wheel, HK sound system, and alarm. She said those who ordered 2023 models are receiving credits for those items currently. Such a bummer. I feel super lucky to have my car, finally, and with all the options I paid for. Fingers crossed parts come in and you guys get what you ordered.

Rexsio, MichaelC and insightman like this.
  15. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Congrats! Have you taken any photos? We always like photos and driving impessions. Thanks.

16. BackPack

BackPack Member

Mine shows a credit for the alarm and heated steering wheel as well. I really have no need for either one so I don’t mind they’re missing. Surprisingly, there is no credit for ordering the car specifically without the moonroof. Now if the HK becomes unavailable, then I will bail on the order and get something else.

Scrambler likes this.
  17. I haven't taken any photos yet, but here's one my salesperson snapped the moment she received it and plugged it in. Meet Dorothy Zbornak, pre-tint and ceramic. Went with the white-silver, iconic package, black tentacle spoke wheels, light grey interior. I LOVE it. This is my first MINI and I must say it's one of the most fun cars I've driven and I have a 14-year history with BMW (and one Audi in the middle). 22752602-90C0-422F-B52E-EE733238D94F_1_201_a.jpeg

18. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I must be the fastest from all orders I talk to dealer on December 15 2021 put deposit $1000 and picup a car on January 3rd 2022 and I canceled order from November . I get what I want BRG heating steering wheel and base model. I’m lucky what people going through.I pay sticker too $29999.

GetOffYourGas and Tommm like this.
  19. surfingslovak

surfingslovak New Member

Good thread. Wish that I noticed the two "credits" in My MINI Garage. I believe I was able to figure out how to confirm the heated steering wheel (or lack thereof). Enter your VIN number into https://mdecoder.com/ then look for "S248 Steering Wheel Heater". If your build sheet doesn't have it, then your vehicle does not have a heated steering wheel. Roof rails, which seem to be missing on some cars recently, are "S386 Roof Railing". Not sure how to confirm the alarm system.

Attached Files:

CiaoContessa and CorgiCanoe like this.
  20. endquote

endquote Active Member

I see "S302 Alarm System" on a 2022.

21. surfingslovak

surfingslovak New Member

Great to know! Thanks for confirming. I don't see that in my build sheet and it seems certain that both the heated steering wheel and the alarm have been omitted. Will get the final word from the dealer.

22. CiaoContessa

CiaoContessa New Member

Thanks for the mdecorder.com link. Very useful.