Will Bob buy a new Tesla and transfer FSD

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by marshall, Jul 21, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

You have until the end of September Bob.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

This is what I shared in another forum:

My understanding is this one-time deal ends Sept 30. Yet we typically see the best Tesla offers in the last 2-3 weeks of a quarter. So ask me then.

I am attracted by the faster processor and higher definition cameras. BUT current FSD acts more like Fool Self Driving. I'll have to see the FSD 'toddler' behavior significantly reduced before spending any more resources on it:
    1. PHANTOM BRAKING - identify stale Google Maps as part of the problem. Use Dojo and recorded Tesla records to make an updated map and ship it out.
    2. UNCOMMANDED TURNS AND LANE CHANGES - really, are they not aware?
    3. NAGGING - at least let us see why and later read a log of why. There is no learning without explanation.
    4. IGNORNING OPEN ROADS AND TAKING PRIVATE ROADS - possibly a stale map problem, if I override navigation to take a better route, remember it in my copy and flag my local map as 'preferred route.'
    5. LONGER, HIGHER SPEED ROUTE NOT SHORTCUT - too often it chooses an energy intense route instead of a shorter, slightly slower, short-cut. Let us choose the style of navigation: (1) fastest speed; (2) shortest distance, and; (3) fewest traffic lights.
    6. NO MEMORY ... ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE - it never remembers my favorite routes to favorite destinations. It may be brilliant AI but it acts like it has Alzheimer's.
    7. REVERSE POLISH WAY POINTS - is wrong to have us enter a trip from the destination to where we are now. A trip starts with the nearest segment and goes to the next and the next ... I have programmed reverse Polish but soon it become impossible to do more than about seven steps. At the same time, don't forget the last trip but let us recall it. One opps on the screen should not wipe out minutes of entering our plan.
    If the FSD team acknowledge these or any subset were problems, I could change my mind. But near as I can tell, they have hit a plateau and recent releases have failed to impress. They need that guy from Apple to come back and knock some sense into a team wandering in the wilderness without direction.

Bob Wilson