Why Women Should Love Tesla!

Discussion in 'General' started by Gruber Motor Company, Jan 14, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. This video explores compelling reasons for why girls should be flocking to Tesla ownership.
    Many fans and Tesla enthusiasts believe that if more people knew what Tesla EVs had to offer, including for women and families, many more people would be driving them on the roads today.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

Very little of the advantages touted in the video are exclusive to Tesla. What could have been an excellent primer on the advantages of EVs instead becomes Tesla fanboy cringe.

4. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Nothing wrong with that video as the Tesla roadster is still very cool car and they do look more modern. Also does not just look like average ICE vehicle. Yes, advantages listed apply to EVs in general. Maybe choosing the Ioniq 5 / Kia EV6 would of worked in this video but a vehicle like the Kona Electric / Kia Soul Ev would not as they are just modified from existing models. If money was no object Porsche Taycan, Audi etron GT be my first choice over the Tesla.

Dan

5. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

The resentment of anti-Tesla, fanatics (opposite fanboys) gets tiresome and hypocritical. The video highlights why a woman and mother would like a safe, efficient, EV over an ICE. She said nothing about other EV makers. Is this jealousy that Tesla spends NO advertising for their cars?

Rather than spreading resentment at 'Tesla fanboy,' make your own videos. Try and realize the 'enemy' are ICE vehicles.

Other than the old 'compliance' EVs, I try not to throw shade on other EVs or EV owners. Heck, two of four InSideEV podcasters own Teslas, yet I don't criticize their enthusiasm for the non-Tesla 'press cars.' Heck, some of the Kei-style EVs makes sense if the alternative is an ICE two-wheeleer.

As a suggestion, confine postings to empirical engineering facts and data. Leave personal angst behind and we'll all get along much better.

Bob Wilson

6. I own a Tesla and am not an anti-Tesla fanatic, but I too wish videos (or articles) like this talked about EVs in general and not just Teslas.......because it would capture more interest from people who either don't want or can't afford a Tesla. I think there should be more EVs on the road, and the more EV positive information out there, in videos, blogs, TikToks, etc - irrespective of brand - the better.

Bruce M. likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. bwilson4web

Then make one.

My patience is limited about those who advocate a 'generic' EV video but don't make one. In contrast, throwing shade on a Tesla owner who defined why their EV gets criticized because they used what they had.

Bob Wilson

Clamps likes this.
  9. Why? I advocate for electric cars but don't make them, because making cars isn't what I do. I promote media literacy but don't teach it, because teaching isn't my thing. I support shelters for battered women, but I don't start one, because running a charity isn't something I know how to do. So why would you be mad at me for supporting an idea but not actually doing it myself?

I didn't say I was against promoting Tesla, I said I was for supporting generic EV promotion. Maybe you don't see the difference.

10. bwilson4web

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way." - Thomas Paine​

This YouTube leads. Some prefer to not follow but raise a complaint that other, lazier, EV makers and their advocates fail. So let me suggest:
    1. Make an outline of your video.
      • Copy hers if you don't have an original thought.
    2. Record your video segments.
    3. Edit them into a coherent presentation.
    4. Make it a YouTube and share the URL.
    I'm criticizing the sloth and laziness of those who complain without lifting their fingers from the keyboard and making something equal or better. Of course use different EVs in each segment including a Tesla.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
  11. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Well-Known Member

That's not what I or anyone here is saying. With a few small changes they could have made an entirely honest video that no one would have complained about. Call it "Why women should own an EV," and simply say "For example," when citing Tesla specifically. But Tesla fanboys like to pretend that all good flows from St. Elon and resent when someone calls them on it.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

What you and others seem to forget is that Tesla is the most well known EV only manufacturer .

Those who have been following EV's and have big interest in them may know who Bollinger, Lucid, Rimac are but not the general public.

The vehicles that are shared with ice platform really are not best design for ev's and it only been the last year that there are more from the ground up EV's from traditional ICE manufacturers ( Audi Q4 etron, VW ID4, Mustang Mach-E, Kia EV 6 and Hyundai Ioniq 5 )

Dan

bwilson4web likes this.
  14. bwilson4web

This dishonest comment fails to acknowledge it was an honest video. What 'LIE' was in the video?

Ok, perhaps you would prefer a Nissan ad:

Does this fluff meet your expectation?

Actually I can appreciate EV variations but draw exception to those who claim Tesla's and Elon are crap and are too lazy to respond with facts and data. But then perhaps the Nissan ad matches their expectations ... all fluff with not hard data like the Tesla YouTube.

This is where we throughly agree:
    This afternoon in a 36 F, cold wind, another Costco customer asked me, "How do you like your Tesla?"

"It is the best car I've ever owned" and we talked for another five minutes:
    • $2.75 to drive 100 miles in town not counting free EV charging
    • $3.50 to drive 100 miles on the highway but $3.00 if I stay at a motel with free overnight charging and breakfast
    • Initially 240 miles range, +3 hours of driving to the first bathroom break
    • Now 232 miles driving to a fast-food restaurant for sack meal and bathroom break. Then to the charger for 20 minutes and eating the sack meal.
    So would the anti-Tesla and anti-Elon fanatics complain that I did not talk about your fanboy ride that I don't own or drive?

Careful what you ask for because I know the warts of your EV rides and companies. I could easily share them with the next person who asks about my Tesla in the parking lot. Is that the world you want to live in where EV owners toss shade at other EVs like was done earlier in this thread?

Of course I won't because 'trash talking' stains everyone. I'm not into revenge but leaving positive impressions of my EV ride(s), a Tesla and BMW i3-REx. Put your green eyed, self-defeating jealousy aside and boost your rides. Get off your rear ends and make an advocacy video equal to the Tesla one.

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022