Which screen/info do you have...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by iluvscuba, May 18, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

on your infotainment screen and the info area inside the semi-circle power bar most of the time? And why do you choose these specific info screen?

Since I don't have my car yet, I am thinking I will probably have the energy flow diagram in the infotainment screen at least for the 1st few weeks or so so I understand how different road type, speed and heavy foot will change where energy is coming or going. No idea what I will put up in the instrument panel screen yet

K8QM likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

It's pretty addictive! I have changed to other screens but keep coming back to it.

geo

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Under the Power/Charge Gauge, I use the one with the EV, HV, and total range. I use the EV range to plan charging locally and on trips to plan when to switch to HV. The HV is bogus so I only use it to tell me when ICE is on as it counts down then.
    I like that the Nav hints automatically show up here no matter what you choose.
    I alternate between map and energy display on center display. It’s interesting to see all the power modes switching around on the rare times I’m in HV mode. Love that green regen flow.

5. Jaketesla

Jaketesla Member

I have the EV and HV range showing directly in front until the EV range goes to 0, then I change that to Energy display. I'm constantly changing the infotainment screen (but most often it's on Android Auto). :)

6. Jaketesla

Jaketesla Member

As an aside, has anyone else changed the "skin" on the infotainment screen? I did that as soon as I got the car because the default look was exactly the same as my previous Accord and I wanted a different look.
    In case anyone is not familiar with this I found a short Youtube clip about it:

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. loomis2

loomis2 Well-Known Member

I changed it when I first got the car but I don't really like the look of it so I changed back. I am 100% on Android Auto anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

9. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

We almost always have the gauge showing the EV and HV range, of course just for the EV as HV is useless. For the touch screen it depends. Often it is on the USB Audio to select music. It might be on the map but we don't use that too often. Quite often it is on the energy display. I like the energy display to show if the ICE might kick on, to get a sense of flow from the battery to the motor, or from regen to the battery. The energy display is duplicated on the instrument panel but there the EV and HV range are not shown as they are on the energy display on the touch screen.

10. The one in this video is what I’ve since day one I got my Clarity. Default screen comes as configured is too boring

Johnhaydev likes this.
  11. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

Cannot find to the get the ■ Energy flow screen on the MAP AUDIO SOURCE screen. It is on the instrument panel now but would like it on the "main" screen. The manual was no help, nor was calling Honda.

bbb0bbb likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

I figured it out. Buried deep in the arcane screen.

14. ace base

ace base Member

@bobcubsfan how did you add the energy flow to main menu?
    Could you share the steps, thanks

15. KentuckyKen

Ace base, try home/info/energy flow to get it in the main screen.

16. bobcubsfan

bobcubsfan Active Member

Home > Info > Vehicle Energy. It was not easy to find.

17. JimW

JimW Active Member

I keep the range display under the power bar, so I can see actual EV miles remaining. My suggestion to Honda when I reported the HV range bug was to let the user select what range number in the lower right of that display. Today, the only choice is total range, which is bogus. It would be nice to have the lower right number show EV range, use the gas gauge display on the right as a normal gas gauge, and then show music or nav info in the center (under power bar).

On the tablet display I have audio or map, sometimes the energy flow when I'm in HV mode on a road trip.

18. Vezz66

Vezz66 Member

In HV mode I like the instant fuel economy display in the instrument panel

19. ace base

ace base Member

Thanks @KentuckyKen and @bobcubsfan. I know how to get the energy flow screen, but I was asking if there is a way to add a shortcut to it, where it shows tabs for Map, Audio, Source.

20. Fofer

Fofer New Member

At first I didn't like this secondary skin, until I realized I could move the icons around, but more importantly, change the wallpaper to whatever photo I wanted... or even use the animated "live" wallpaper. Pretty cool!

Now to figure out how to add widgets (photos and/or web links?) Is this still possible? I'm not seeing these options on the same screen:

21. KentuckyKen

Only shortcut I have found is to use the back up button after using Nav or audio and it will go back to it.