Where are the EV6 People?

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by CapeCodI5, May 8, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. CapeCodI5

CapeCodI5 Member

I frequently look at the EV6 forum to see what’s going on there as the vehicle’s share the same platform. But there’s rarely any activity over there causing me to wonder why? There’s no reason to think the Kia’s aren’t selling as well, so why isn’t there anyone posting?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Maybe the EV6 Owners Manual is better written than the Ioniq 5 Owners Manual.

Esprit1st likes this.
  4. Or the EV6 is so much better, people are just out and about driving them instead of posting online.

5. KIA reports 3000 EV6 sold in North America. My guess is that few of them have much to gripe about, after finding one to purchase.

I would hazard most of them paid something more than MSRP - nothing to brag about if you're thrifty. If money isn't one of your problems - it's a stealthy purchase.

6. insightman

Perhaps the EV6 owners who paid substantially more than MSRP refrain from posting about other matters because they fear someone may ask them how much they paid.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. If we had an owner or fan or two posting more frequently, it would cerate more activity. Most people find us through Google, so if we have more, good posts about EV6, Google would send us more people. Kind of a chicken and egg situation.

insightman likes this.
  9. LIEV6

LIEV6 New Member

Our EV6s are worry free and very intuitive

Mike Bearsails and Domenick like this.
  10. Just noticed you're asking this in the Hyundai Ioniq 5 sub-forum. Here's a link to the Kia EV6 sub-forum where there are some owners and fans talking about it. https://www.insideevsforum.com/community/index.php?forums/kia-ev6.103/

11. CapeCodI5

CapeCodI5 Member

Dominick, I followed your link just now. The latest post in the EV6 forum was Monday (5/9). There have been 5 posts here in the last 24 hours. Just sayin’.

I’m not trying to imply anything. EV6 sales are just a tad behind the I5, so you’d think that those new owners would be talking about their new ride.

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. danrjones

danrjones Active Member

The kia dealers near me don't even have any EV6's, but the Hyundai dealers do have an occasional I5 (and others on order). How many I5s have been sold in the US versus EV6?

14. CapeCodI5

CapeCodI5 Member

I saw an article earlier this week (don’t remember where). For the month of April it was something like 27xx for Ioniq and 26xx for the EV6. Year to date was 59xx and 57xx. These are the ballpark numbers, not actual.

15. It is odd that there just isn't much buzz on the EV6 sub-forum. I participate there, being an EV6 owner, but other owners seem not to be interested in doing the same or responding to the few posts that I've made.
    Regarding the rear window design difference between the I5 and EV, apparently the steeply sloping hatch window and small spoiler below on the EV6 make all the difference in keeping the glass clear and clean of dust. Although I was concerned at first, I've found that a rear wiper is not really missed. I know that I'm biased, but I have to say that the EV6 is a very nice car.

electriceddy and Domenick like this.
  16. djohan621

djohan621 Member

17. insightman

Are availability and dealer-markup in your list of considerations? It seems those two would quickly tip the balance towards one or the other (since neither one offers a rear wiper).

teslarati97 likes this.
  18. djohan621

djohan621 Member

I gave up on the dealer mark ups, seem in where I live - So Cal, there is no chance I can escape 3-4K of ADM. Availability about the same. It's down to cost to own vs preference. I like the looks, colors option and drivability of EV6, but IQ5 with 2 years of EA free charging easily save me 3-4K in 2 yrs. I have 2 nearby EA stations.

19. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

I complained about how my battery pack was 697V and I was missing 103V as advertised! Very disappointing that I couldn't charge 1.74x faster than my 400V Tesla at DCFC let alone Level 2 charging!!! :mad:

20. insightman

Unless you have a defective charging system, that would be the case with both the I5 and the EV6, wouldn't it?

21. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Yes it's 522.7V for the 58kWh pack and 697V for the 77.4kWh pack for both I5 and EV6. I still want my missing 103V, but I'll accept 100V and round up to the advertised 800V. :D

It's our mission to make 800V the future, even if 697V is the present!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
    electriceddy and insightman like this.