When Shopping for Mods - is the SE more like R55 or F56?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by David Comstock, Jul 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm not up to speed on all the nuances between the various mini model numbers except for the obvious differences (e.g., 2dr, 4dr, convertible, etc), but I noticed when shopping for modifications it seems some sites don't carry SE related parts nor can you filter based on the SE. So if I were to purchase after-market parts would I look for something that fits an R55 or F56?

Specifically, I'm looking to purchase some black vinyl tape to blackout my chrome beltline.

Thanks!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    F56 is very generally the two-door hardtop, the SE is a variant within that family, along with the regular Cooper hardtop, the S, and the JCW. Some parts are fully interchangeable among all variants, others not.

Somewhere else on this forum there’s a link to an Etsy store that sells beltline vinyl specifically for the F56.

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

The Rxx models are the previous generation (generally pre-2014), you definitely do not want parts for those models.

CuriousGeorge likes this.
  5. Noted...! Thanks for clarifying!!

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

They don't even have the same number of wheel bolts as the F-series MINIs.

8. -Amanda

-Amanda Active Member

IMG_3518.JPG I thought this image was helpful so I saved it.

9. This is SUPER helpful, thank you!

10. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Among the cars on my dream list, as impractical as it is, the JCW R59 is right up there.

David Comstock likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.