Wheel of Fortune questions

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by MSimpsonNJ, Aug 14, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

Hi all - I have read the threads but haven't found answers to these questions so I figured I'd ask:

1. Is it loud, i.e., is it glaringly obvious or do you really have to listen carefully for it?

2. Does it get worse/louder over time?

3. Can it be diagnosed by testing it at the dealer or is the sound the only way to diagnose it?

4. I'm currently on vacation about 300 miles from home. Is this the kind of thing that will leave me stranded or will it just sound like a kid with cards in his/her spokes but is not likely to stop me from driving?

I thought I heard it a few times, but decided I was imagining it. This morning I definitely heard it several times, though still really quiet and not all the time.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Relax and enjoy your vacation, it will not leave you stranded. The sound start as intermittent at low speed and will progressively get worse (more often and at various speeds) so it is something to have looked at when you get back. Any reputable Hyundai dealer EV tech will be aware of the issue and should be familiar with the repair sequence. What is the current mileage of your MY 20 Kona EV?

mho and MSimpsonNJ like this.
  4. MSimpsonNJ

MSimpsonNJ Active Member

It has 9500 miles on it. 2020 limited