wheel alignment

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Miniev1, Aug 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Miniev1

Miniev1 New Member

Hi all

Had my mini SE ( 2021 ) inspected last week. I had requested a tire rotation but they said it wasn't necessary. I have about 11,550 miles on it. Yesterday I got an email from the dealer recommending a four wheel alignment. The car drives fine. How often are wheel alignments necessary ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. uneven wear on the tires is a sure sign you need one done. Car pulling or you hitting a curve is too obvious a reason. Driving on pothole riddled streets is another, which is my reason. On the previous car, wheel alignments were done every year when I had the summer wheels/tires installed.

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Every time I bring any of my MINIs in for service they do an alignment check. But if the tires are wearing fine and you don't feel like the car is pulling to one side you likely don't need to worry about an alignment.

5. Miniev1

Miniev1 New Member

Thanks so much for the replies.
    The car drives fine. I'm going to wait on the alignment.

6. Miniev1

Miniev1 New Member

I should add that the tire wear is pretty even.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

At least your dealer didn't email you to say it's time for an oil change like my dealer (and others' on this forum) did. Other than change the brake fluid, there aren't many service procedures dealers can suggest for our electric wonders.

"Dear Miniev1, based on your length of ownership, there may be a reduction in the air coming through your MINI Cooper SE's hood scoop. Please make an appointment with our service department so we can inspect and clean your vehicle's hood scoop to ensure maximum efficiency. As a complimentary service, we will also check to be sure your MINI is not low on blinker fluid."

upload_2023-8-9_21-26-16.png

azausa likes this.
  9. GetOffYourGas

GetOffYourGas Well-Known Member

I’m confused about that blinker fluid. Is it “guaranteed” 10,000 blinks, or “up to” 10,000 blinks? Those are very different things. I want to make sure I get my money’s worth out of my blinker fluid. It’s not cheap! I wouldn’t want to run out, like BMW’s are known to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

Brawndo and insightman like this.
  10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Many BMW drivers have passed their 65th birthday and are wont to use up blinker fluid mile-after-mile. It's not the car's fault.