What tools are in the toolkit that you got from the dealer?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by azausa, Dec 4, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. @Puppethead comment that he thinks New Zealand is the only country that equips SE with run flats in the thread “Do I need a tyre mobility kit?”; got me thinking, are there other things that are different with New Zealand?

So, my question here, what are the tools included in your toolkit from the dealer?

When we got our SE, we got a screwdriver and a towing eye.

But on the manual, I read references to:

1. Fire extinguisher
    2. Warning triangle
    3. First aid kit

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. endquote

endquote Active Member

screwdriver, tow eye, fixandgo.com sealant kit, and the little tool for the power spokes.

This is a 2022 iconic in the US.

4. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

5. endquote

endquote Active Member

Yes that’s right. Still haven’t gotten around to purchasing the balancing tool. I guess I should in case a non-dealer does my tire? Would they even know how to use it though?

6. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    My wheels are put up for winter, but I believe the instructions are on the back of the plastic cover.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. endquote

endquote Active Member

And we trust a random tire shop person to follow them? I dunno…

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

There's only one hole where the balancing tool can be attached to the wheel. If the tech can't remember to move the tool from one wheel to the next as he/she is balancing them, there will be problems, as reported in this account (from when the Power Spoke wheels were called Corona Spoke wheels before the pandemic).

endquote likes this.
  10. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

They've successfully used the balancing tool at Discount Tire a couple times with no issues. I just explain it to the guy when we're by the car.

endquote likes this.