What are these bars supposed to be indicating?

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moofpup, Jan 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

bars.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DisgruntledSanta

DisgruntledSanta Active Member

Context?

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

If that's the speedometer in the center of the digital display, the white line is the current speed. The color of it also shows what mode you're in: green for green/green+, white for mid, red for sport. When cruise control is set a green chevron-like mark indicates the set speed on the circle.

The part in the image marked in red is nothing that I can determine, it's blank on my display and I couldn't get anything to show there.

5. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

If it's the temperature control for the HVAC then on mine the left hand bar is blue and the right hand bar is red, just to indicate which way to turn it.
    I don't have the bottom bar, I have a heater looking icon there (horizontal line on the bottom with 3 wavy lines rising up from is). I assumed that meant that heating was active but it shows the same even when I turn it down in order to force the AC on.
    So I guess I need to read the manual...

6. moofpup

moofpup Active Member

It's the speedometer. Thanks Puppethead!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Bottom red bar shows up when driving in sports mode.

9. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Similar question: why does the car show two red seatbelt warnings when first starting out? This light stays on for a mile or so but I don't know what it's supposed to convey (yes, our seatbelts are buckled).

[​IMG]

I keep thinking I should check the manual but never actually do. There are separate seatbelt lights that go out once we buckle up, which seems weird.

Edit: I just did a quick skim through the Instrument Cluster section of the manual but didn't find anything useful.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2022
    MallowMan likes this.
  10. Carsten Haase

Carsten Haase Well-Known Member

Pretty sure those are for the rear seats. I remember seeing that when I had the seats folded down so maybe they were putting pressure on the weight sensors? Or maybe it's on all the time and I've just learned to ignore it

11. AndysComputer

AndysComputer Well-Known Member

I also believe they are for the rear seats.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Newkirk

Newkirk Active Member

Yes, those seem to be for the rear seats. Do you have child seats in the back? I've always had them since I've had the car, so don't know what the display looks like without the seats there. But recently I installed one of the seats using the seatbelt (instead of LATCH) since one of my kids is now close to 40lbs, and when I did that the seatbelt light on the left turned green, while the child seat still installed with LATCH is still red.

14. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

Ahhh, thanks. I don't have anything back there at all. I'll go back to ignoring it :)

15. Lainey

Lainey Well-Known Member

Yeah that one got my husband at first too. He thought it was for the front seats. Ours lights up green when someone is buckled in.