Welcome lights

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by SameGuy, Aug 9, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Continuing my series of threads asking questions for which the search function has been no use…

Where are my “Welcome Lights”? I’ve selected them in the car, but they don’t light up. I also then went into BimmerCode and asked all the other available lights to join the party, but they don’t light up either.

Also, is there a way to activate them with the fob (if I get them working)?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. tesrivmini

tesrivmini Active Member

What position is the lights switch set to?

Well, if you use the fob to unlock the car, they turn on - so, yes you can as long as you want to unlock the car at the same time.

SameGuy likes this.
  4. SameGuy

YUL
    Set to A. Nope, no Welcome Lights. If I hadn’t added lights in BimmerCode, what exactly is supposed to happen? Just the door handle puddle lights? Ok then no, they don’t work from the fob, nor do any of the lights I added with BimmerCode. If I unlock with the handle button and open the door, the door handles light along with the logo projector, but similarly nothing else lights up.

5. chrunck

chrunck Well-Known Member

I thought the welcome lights were the headlights/taillights. Plus also the projection if you have that. Pretty sure that's what my car does, and I haven't changed anything.

6. SameGuy

YUL
    Yeah me too that’s why I’m asking. Mine doesn’t light anything.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KCMOEV

KCMOEV Member

Do all trims come with the projection puddle lights?

SameGuy likes this.
  9. SameGuy

YUL
    I think so.

10. SameGuy

YUL
    Solved and double-checked:

Apparently even if Welcome Lights is selected on screen, if changes are made to the Welcome Lights in BimmerCode — I added every available exterior light source — then “In darkness Only” must be set to “Active”. I had just figured it would tie in with the Automatic Headlamps and know if it was dark.

tesrivmini likes this.