VW dealer call 9/16

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by sniwallof, Sep 15, 2020 at 9:51 AM.

1. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

Reddit reports dealers to discuss pricing or ordering details on 9/16 ahead of the 9/23/2020 release for pre-order.

At least one dealer has jumped the gun, with interesting information at the Jim Ellis Volkswagen of Chamblee, Atlanta Ga website. Be clear that all of this new information could be mere speculation, or previously unreported information from the VW in person ID.4 meeting last November.

Most interesting is the speculation that there are four models, S, SE, SEL, and GTX 146HP, 168HP, 173HP, or 201HP rear-drive. The former two (S SE) "will draw power from a 52kWh lithium-ion battery while the latter" (SEL GTX) "will utilize a 77kWh lithium-ion battery". (This could all turn out to be wrong.)

"We anticipate an S, SE, SEL, and GTX. They are estimated to be priced from $35K starting with the S, and then moving up in $5K increments respectively."

Also interesting, is they speculate AWD (front motor), 12" display and HUD as optional. "The ID.4 makes a 12-inch driver information center available, right alongside an augmented reality heads-up display system that reportedly uses the entire windshield." One would think some or all of these options might be included with SEL and/or GTX?

Jim Ellis VW also has a link "Pre-Order Your VW ID.4 Today". My guess is that simply enters your info for them, so they can later type in your "real" reservation for you on 9/23. Some postings have indicated that you must order through your local dealership, or the reservation will no be taken or canceled (who knows?). Also, what is local? Only your city, region?, state?

My (limited) understanding is that reservations can be made at a VW dealer, or online on 9/23.

(no first hand information, this is all from googling recent postings/pages)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020 at 11:05 AM
    NeilBlanchard, Domenick and briloop like this.
  2. briloop

briloop New Member

Thank you for sharing. Interesting. I wish dealers in my city would do the same thing as this one.

3. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

I think the smaller battery pack (which is the medium sized one from the ID.3) is 58kWh. And that is the net usable capacity. The 77kWh is also the net usable capacity. (The ID.3 also will have a 45kWh pack, in addition to the 58 and 77.) The net capacities are a better way to compare what you get.

Are the motor capacities per model - S is 146HP, SE is 168HP, SEL is 173HP, and GTX is 201? Or are the trim levels all available with the various motor capacities?

I think $35K is good starting price.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020 at 3:36 PM