Visit to Palm Desert, Ca Honda dealer

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Richard_arch74, Mar 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

Was a thing to behold. While I was here on vacation (from MI) I wanted to take the Clarity electric for a spin to see how different it was from our PHEV Clarity.
    The first salesman came up to me and asked if he could help me. I said "sure, I would like to take a look at the Clarity electric". He said "we have a plug-in over here". I said "No, I'm looking for the electric only model."
    He said "the Clarity only comes in a plug-in".

To make a LSS, I educated the young salesman about the 3 different models. He went to talk to his manager and he said they haven't had a Clarity electric in stock, that I would have to go to a larger dealer. Bummer!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mariner91

Mariner91 Member

Wow. New low. One thing not to know much about the car you're selling, but not knowing what others your line have??

Ouch! Did the manager at least know what you were talking about?

4. ab13

ab13 Active Member

Would be pretty rare to find one in stock since the lease deals are low.

One Norm Reeves location shows one, but they have over 1000 cars.

5. DucRider

DucRider Well-Known Member

The Clarity Electric has a waiting list (at least at the Oregon dealers). When Honda tells them they unloaded in Richmond and give them an allocation (about 2-4 per shipment) they call those on the list to come do paperwork for delivery in about 2 weeks. Usually no color choice and first come, first served. At least one dealer is taking deposits and not currently adding any new names to their list.

I know one dealership where the salesman that handles the Electric gives test drives in his personal vehicle. Forth Mobility also has one you can book a test drive in at their downtown Portland showcase.
    https://forthmobility.org/showcase

6. Richard_arch74

Yeah, I didn't do a search beforehand. I was just driving by and thought I would see what they had in stock, not realizing they were so rare. I'm certainly not driving 2.5-3 hours to get a look at it at Norm Reeves in LA.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Richard_arch74

Didn't get a chance to visit with the manager. He looked pretty busy.
    I was hoping somebody on the forum, who lives in the Coachella valley, would take me for a test drive?