Video - EQ Episode 008 - EV6 Iced Door Handles

Discussion in 'Kia EV6' started by Andre Laurence, Jan 6, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

Tags:
  1. I was not planning on making this video, but when we had the small ice/snow storm over night this Wednesday January 4th the opportunity presented itself so yesterday I pulled out the cameras and microphone and made this video.

What happens when the Kia EV6 door handles get covered in ice? Do they still pop open? Will they close if they open? How thick is the ice that the pop out door handles can break? The Kia EV6, Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Genesis GV60 flush door handles have an auto pop out feature on certain trims, but how do they perform after an ice storm? In this video I show you the front and rear door handles and how they react to being covered in two different thicknesses of ice.

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Thanks for taking the time to make this and share it here. Nice to see it can conquer this level of icing.

Andre Laurence likes this.
  4. My pleasure. It was pretty cool to watch the slo-mo version of the rear handle breaking the ice. I have a feeling that if it had been colder than 0C, like -10C, the rear handle would not have broken through the ice.

You may enjoy my next video, it uses the same ice storm and is about the charge port and rear hatch. I am finishing things up and it will be live this Friday :)

Domenick likes this.