Vibrating Drivers Side Mirror

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by methorian, Jul 26, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. methorian

methorian Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anyone mention this so far, but I've started to get annoyed at my drivers side mirror....

(For Reference: 2023 Cooper SE Iconic, Ordered in March 2022, Delivered June 2022)

The drivers side mirror "vibrates" pretty bad, so the reflected image is almost always blurry. My passenger mirror has no such issues. I don't drive on roads that I'd consider bad and certainly don't have any issues in my other vehicles (prior was an i3).

I also don't really notice that mirror dimming much, though I haven't done a ton of night driving. I'll try prying it off to check out the inside, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone else has noticed it.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

My 2021 Iconic's driver's side mirror also "jiggles" a bit more over bumps than I expect. I haven't noticed any problems with dimming, though.

4. rustybones

rustybones Member

I haven’t noticed an issue like that but if I did I would take it to the dealer, perhaps the mirror housing is unsecured.
    Is the shaking at high speeds? Could be the air resistance jolting the mirrors.

5. SameGuy

SameGuy Well-Known Member Subscriber

YUL
    Sorry for the threadsurrection, but I’ve started driving a bit more at night recently, and I’ve noticed my driver’s side mirror doesn’t seem to dim at all. The rear view mirror does, though. I thought maybe my tints (70 VLT front sides, 30 rear sides and hatch) are affecting it… the sensor for both is on the rear view, right? Anybody else notice their door mirror not dimming?

6. bmartinez028

bmartinez028 Active Member

Both our 22 and 23 have shaky drivers side mirrors. No issues with dimming that I’ve noticed.

7. To remove this ad click here.