Very dim screen at night

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by KClark, Mar 21, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. KClark

KClark Active Member

This is something that I’ve been meaning to ask here. I know that the Clarity automatically dims the touchscreen when it’s dark but my screen seems very dim, almost too dim to see clearly at night. The brightness adjustment is set all of the way to high but I’d really like it to be brighter. Has anyone else had this problem? Have I missed some other adjustment?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. sniwallof

sniwallof Active Member

4. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

By chance do you have anything on your dash that might be covering the ambient light sensor?

5. KClark

KClark Active Member

Thanks for the link, it took me a while to figure out how to make it work. I was in what Tiralc called the * setting which creates different brightness adjustments, one for the instrument cluster which you change with the +- buttons next to the trip odometer selector, and one for the touchscreen which you change with the brightness slider on the touchscreen. In this mode I find the touchscreen too dim even at maximum brightness.

In the moon mode the +- buttons next to the trip odometer selector control the brightness for the instrument cluster and touchscreen simultaneously. In this mode I was able to get the touchscreen a little brighter.

But I’ve got to say the moon mode seems puzzling. Having both screens independently adjustable seems to be the only option necessary, as long as the range of adjustment is broad enough to be useful. This seems like some manager gave programmers too much leeway, making it more confusing than it needs to be.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  6. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Coincidence you mentioned this issue.
    I noticed that the touchscreen display at night will vary from very dark to very bright and I have not touched the settings.
    It's almost like a glitch it has - sometimes it feels like being bright and other times not...

Not worried as much since my Land Rover infotainment / climate screen keeps rebooting every other day....

7. To remove this ad click here.