VAG-COM for ID.4

Discussion in 'ID.4' started by ericy, Jan 1, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Back a few years ago, I had a VW TDI (sold back to VW). My wife still has her VW TDI, and I still have a VAG-COM in my tool chest. So that got me wondering - would the thing work on an ID.4?

I started nosing around on the Ross-Tech forums. As it turns out, they are already working on ID.3 (still sort of a work in progress - beta required). For me the bad news is that the HEX-CAN that I currently have isn't compatible:

https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/13715/

Vehicle Needs:
    • A HEX-NET or HEX-V2 is needed to fully support the latest vehicle platforms (MLBevo and the Chassis shown here). New releases of VCDS will take advantage of the hardware features in the new interfaces. For full performance of our software, users will need to use the new interface products: HEX-NET and HEX-V2. We pushed the HEX+CAN as far as we could. Now, for the newest platforms, the new interfaces are required. We have also discovered some Adaptation Channels in vehicles as far back as 2015 that use so many bytes that they are only supported by the HEX-NET and HEX-V2.
    • Lamborghini vehicles are explicitly not supported by any of our interfaces except the HEX-NET.
    • Model Year 2019 and newer vehicles are only supported with our current interfaces (HEX-V2 and HEX-NET).

so I will eventually need to purchase an upgrade. I would add that these things aren't cheap - not like a dongle that one might use with Torque Pro. The cost of an upgrade is far less than buying new however.

VeeDub'r likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.