US Prices Revealed Just Days Before First US Delivery

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by insightman, Dec 16, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Inside EVs has the story on the Ioniq 5 pricing here. Of course, we have no idea what kind of "market adjustment" dealers will apply. And, of course, the Ioniq 5 isn't available in many US states. The article says there's still confusion about wheel sizes.

upload_2021-12-16_22-42-29.png

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I call on US buyers to boycott any purchase over MSRP on vehicles that must be preordered.

We should be using the manufacturer to our benefit against what amounts to monopoly price gouging.

SkyShotEV and Tony S like this.
  4. Regarding the states where it's available, here's the list from our "Everything We Know" post. Sharing because I didn't realize Florida was on the list of states, but it's been spotted here in the wild now.

Initially, Hyundai Ioniq 5 will be sold in 10 zero-emissions vehicles (ZEV) states - California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont - plus a few more (Texas, Florida, Illinois, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Arizona), while a nationwide rollout will follow in 2022.

SkyShotEV and insightman like this.
  5. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

Probably (or not) moot since now in the 2022 "broader roll out" period but I could either be mistaken unless HMUSA walked something back, but believe the Media Center included Colorado to the initial ZEV list and added VA and WA to the "plus a few more". I say so b/c in spite of numerous Concierge emails, have yet to receive dealer notification.