Updated UVO app for Niro EV

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Jay47, May 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

I posted this as a reply to my question below, but because of the change, thought it might get more views as a stand alone post.

I attemped to interface the UVO Eco app w/ my niro EV yesterday, and was unsuccessful. I called the tech support number and was told that the UVO Eco app has been replaced with 'UVO Access' app. The tech person helped me delete UVO Eco and install UVO Access then interface that with the car. Took about half an hour, but got it installed. It displays battery level, charge info, climate, etc. They are also putting a charger location map on the app. I launched the map, but it did not display charger locations. Was told they had just crossed over to UVO access yesterday, so everything may not be completely operational. They will forward the charger location question on the their tech development group. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet, but it looks like a good way to communicate with the car remotely.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jayc1358

jayc1358 Member

IMG_3153.png When I picked up the car they had me install UVO Echo as well. That's weird that your UVO access app is not showing charging locations. I installed the access app on tuesday and it has been displaying them the whole time. If you go into settings it should be set to display all 3rd party chargers. Zoom out a bit and see if it displays some that are further away

4. atc98092

atc98092 New Member

I didn't install UVO Access since the App Store said it was for the Optima. But I went ahead and installed it and it works for my Niro PHEV as well. It doesn't seem to know where my car is though. It thinks it's home in the garage, not the parking lot at work. The rest of the info appears correct, and when I looked at the map it did show charging stations.

5. Jay47

Jay47 New Member

What does 'UVO Echo' do?