Update to History Repeats itself & My electric EV journey

Discussion in 'General' started by miatadan, Jan 11, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Negotiated last couple of days.

Now on order 2022 Mach-E in grabber blue, Select RWD 100A.

They used my 2019 VW Jetta to reduce amount of tax due, saving me roughly $3000. Not as good as getting the $5000 EV rebate. Delivery expected sometime in summer.

Bi-weekly payment including tax came out to $366. Spent about $6000 more than I originally planned thanks to $1000 price increase from 2021 and higher interest rate + no EV rebate.

interest rate not the best 3.99 compared to 0% on 2019 VW Jetta

Yes, there is some stuff Sandy Munro did not like about the Mach-E .

Battery now 70kWh capacity , not sure whether that will change anything.
    With my history of having many ICE Mustangs over the years, I feel I will be happy with this Mach-E.

Minimum requirement had to be RWD driving characteristics , decent performance and be an BEV, not Phev.

Dan

Attached Files:

bwilson4web likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

Congrats! And now for the wait for it to arrive. Better in the summer than in this stuff.

miatadan likes this.
  4. miatadan

miatadan Active Member Subscriber

Apparently , I am first customer who ordered Mach-E in base RWD 100A package with no additional options from Cambrian Ford.

When I ordered my first Mustang GT coupe ( 1997 ) it was base model with cloth seats and air conditioning was only option I added as well as spoiler delete, in Autumn Orange colour, 5 speed manual. No one asks to borrow your car when it is manual ( it is like having free anti-theft feature to have manual transmission )

Interesting fact about Cambrian Ford in Sudbury, they started in 1911, celebrated 100 years in 2011 as well as being first Ford dealership in all of Canada.

Dan

aamyotte likes this.
  5. aamyotte

aamyotte Active Member

That's a cool piece of history on the dealership. I currently drive a manual, even my wife doesn't drive it.

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Safe from today's auto highjackers.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.