U.S. Features List

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by Toolworker, Dec 17, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Gearjunkie.com has this link to the U.S. dealer price sheet, with features for the trim lines.

On all trims (partial list):
    • Power windows with driver’s auto-down/up
    • Cloth seats (Stain resistant)
    • Heated front seats with thin seat design
    • 8-way power driver’s seat & 6-way manual passenger seat
    • 60/40 Split Fold-Down Manual Sliding 2nd Row Bench Seat with Reclining Seatback
    • Driver Attention Warning
    • Vehicle Stability Management with ESC and TCS
    • Hillstart Assist Control and Downhill Brake Control
    • Rear View Monitor with Parking Guidance
    • Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Avoidance Assist
    • Highway Drive Assist I (HDA I) & SCC with Stop and Go & Machine Learning
    • Parking Distance Warning - Reverse
    • 12.3” Navigation with EV Technology Display with 6-speaker audio system including AM/FM/HD Radio®/SiriusXM®
    • MFR LED headlights with Auto-on/off and High Beam Assist
    • Front trunk (“frunk”) 0.85 cu. ft
    • Aero 19” alloy wheels
    • Dual heated side mirrors w/ LED turn signal indicators
    Only on SEL and Limited (partial list):
    • LED Projector headlights
    • Power folding side mirrors
    • Auto-dimming inside rearview mirror with Homelink
    • Hands-free power liftgate with auto-open
    • Parking Distance Warning – Forward
    • Wireless device charging
    • Highway Drive Assist II (HDA II)
    Only on Limited (partial list):
    • Premium Heads-up Display with Augmented Reality functions
    • Surround View Monitor
    • Blind-Spot View Monitor
    • Driver Seat with “Relaxation” function
    • Power front seats
    • Ventilated Front Seats
    • Integrated Memory System for driver seat
    • Parking Collision Avoidance Assist
    • Remote Smart Parking Assist (RSPA)
    • Reverse Sliding center console
    • “Vision” Panoramic Fixed Glass Sunroof
    • Rain-sensing wipers
    • Bose Premium 8-speaker Audio
    • Vehicle to Load (V2L) two-way on-board charger (2nd row)
    • Cargo Cover
    • Digital Key (NFC)
    • 20" Alloy Wheels (AWD only)
    Only the AWD models have a heat pump and battery heater.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Thanks for the trim list, very helpful! The only thing I’d change (CORRECTION: if I get) the Limited AWD is the 20” Wheels to 19”.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  4. The dealer price list shows 20" wheels on the Limited AWD; all others 19". Several of the news articles on this website agree. But point me to something that says different and I'll look at it.

5. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Sorry, I meant the only thing that I would change if I get the AWD limited option is switch the wheels …. I did not make myself clear!
    I may even opt for the RWD Limited option (will have to test drive that).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
  6. When I was considering the Mach-E, I drove both RWD and AWD and couldn't tell the difference in handling. Not sure if that means I wasn't pushing it enough, or not perceptive enough, but the bottom line was it didn't matter to me. Anyway, the Kona handles better than either of them.

There's a squiggly road near the closest auto mall area, so I've been able to compare a number of EV models on it, and should be able to try the I-5 there too.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Louie D

Louie D New Member

@Toolworker Thanks for compiling this list. How's your EV shopping experience, are you still considering this car?

I test drove for the first time yesterday, an SE at Roseville Hyundai (Sacramento Area). I was really impressed! Acceleration was more than adequate, seats and cockpit were comfortable, menus were intuitive and nicely combined with physical buttons. I couldn't find the settings for regen level, that was frustrating.

For your features list: the sliding center console is only on the top trims, not the SE, per the salesman. All trim levels have Apple Car Play and GPS. The rear seats also slide forward and back.

I can't decide what colors I'd actually want. For the interior I didn't mind the all-black, and I'd probably prefer it for the cloth interior, since the light gray cloth interior might be too tough to keep clean. FYI the markup here is $7,500, I found a dealer in the Central Valley that is only about $2k markup right now, but they're also adding a "govt fee" that I'm not quite sure about. PM me if you want to know the dealer. Cheers

9. @Louie D I like my 2021 Ultimate just fine and will keep it until there's a better car that I just have to have. So I'll test drive my reserved Ioniq 5, but am guessing it's not that car.

Our two-car garage is OK with my Kona, but I'd have to do some serious cleaning out to be comfortable with a car 4" wider and 18" longer. Back in June the sales manager at my local Bay Area dealer said my reserved car would sell for MSRP, but the world has changed several times since then, and based on past experience I am sure they will ask top markup. Do you know how late in the process it's possible to switch a reservation to another dealership?

The local dealer is in an auto mall area not far from a twisty hill road on which I've test driven the Kona, Niro, Leaf and Mach-E. So I plan to take the Ioniq there, and then drive the same road right after with my Kona. If I were more serious about buying, I would switch dealerships to Capitol in San Jose, which I've found to be more straightforward and is in the Costco auto plan (though surely not yet for the Ioniq 5) but nowhere near anything twisty or hilly.

Have you tried the dealer in Chico? My sense is that they're in an area where no one wants EVs.

10. Tony S

Tony S Active Member

Here in SW FL, the two dealers within 40 miles from me are still upgrading their facilities for IONIQ5. I’m seriously debating if I’ll ever need the AWD (provided the RWD has adequate merging into I traffic, and passing on two lane highways).

For anyone testing the RWD, could you share your experience with a 30 to 70 sprint.

11. You don't have to do anything with your reservation. Just go to the dealer you like most and buy the vehicle there. The dealer can credit your purchase $100. It isn't tied to a particular dealer or vehicle. You may even apply the prepayment to an ICE Hyundai. Of course you can just ask for the money back. This won't change anything since they are not holding a vehicle for your $100. It is just a sign you have interest and they will help you in your search of vehicles available in your area.

I have a $100 reservation for my closest dealer and a $500 deposit for an in transit SEL 300 miles away.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Louie D

Louie D New Member

@Toolworker Agreed with @Christian Reading, you can go wherever you want with your deposit, and it will probably make no difference on price whether that was the dealer initially assigned to work with you.

BTW I took your suggestion of calling Chico, good tip! Apparently they aren't doing a markup, outside of an $800 dealer option for etching the VIN, or some such business. Still not bad. But they didn't get any units for this initial set of deliveries, so it will be a bit of a wait. I might see if the other dealer I'm working with will match it.

14. When I was looking at a replacement for my 2020 Ultimate buyback, I seriously considered the Mach-E, and ordered one for a $500 deposit. That let me specify a vehicle that was going to come to that dealer, whether I took delivery or refused it.

So I had some leverage, because my car didn't come out of the dealer's allocation, it added to it. The deal was at MSRP, and when I decided I preferred another Kona, the dealer was happy to get the car because then they could mark it up.

But apparently Hyundai isn't working that way. So after all the hoopla, the $100 deposit doesn't get me anything I couldn't get just walking in off the street. Maybe not even a test drive. When I was shopping for my 2020 Kona, this dealer wouldn't give a test drive without a signed deal, and they were asking a $5000 markup. Of course I went elsewhere. I only picked them for the Ioniq because they were closest and I misunderstood the deal.

15. SkyShotEV

SkyShotEV Member

@Toolworker "This dealer wouldn't give a test drive without a signed deal" what's that about.. supply/demand? Yes a Kona, but isn't that an odd dealer request or is it some ploy to drum up finance team business? Old schooler me where Im used to browsing the inventory, and if interested in test drive show DL, proof of insurance, decline the credit check and off we go. On my last purchase I spec'd out and ordered a truck, the inventory manager gave me the VIN once it rolled off the production line and following week I had the date it was scheduled to be put on the train.

I also agree your point about the $100 deposit ~allocation/inventory "circle jerk". Maybe my interpretation but similar feeling was reinforced after the last Concierge email that expanded fine print language basically stating you can look and request but the sale is basically limited to whatever inventory arrives...nothing guaranteed.