Two years of free EVGo charging or free home charging equipment installation

Discussion in 'LYRIQ' started by Domenick, May 17, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Cadillac and the EVGo charging network announced the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq will come with either two years of unlimited complimentary charging on the EVgo network or have Cadillac pick up the installation cost of having home charging equipment installed.

As @Tom Moloughney points out in the article on InsideEVs, the Lyriq can charge at up to 19.2 kW on AC. So, if owners want to charge at this speed, they'll need a 100-amp circuit so the installation could get expensive if circuit need to be upgraded.

We don't have all the details yet on this equipment installment option, so we'll try to update this thread when we know more. It's quite possible this option might be for a set amount, with customers expected to pay for any overages.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

I'm interested in reserving, but the website says contact a local dealer. They must be swamped with inquiries, however. I want to know the range of the AWD. I'd guess about 285 miles. I want mine in white. And since this is just a reservation, not an order, will the price rise when it finally hits the dealer. The new purchasing paradigm sucks.

Domenick likes this.
  4. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

If bi-directional V2H is available, take the 2 year unlimited charging plan and power your home.

5. Johnny Mars

Johnny Mars Member

Went to website to reserve. It says call dealer. Dealer is clueless, says go to website. They say only 2WD is available in 3 colors. No range listed, efficiency, or 0-60 times listed for 4WD on website. Hard to navigate graphics. BIZARRE way to run a company. https://brochures.cadillac.com/2023/lyriq/

Last edited: May 18, 2022
  6. Ordering is supposed to open tomorrow (May 19). My local dealer (in Tallahassee, FL) has a link to this page, where it appears you can order. https://www.cadillac.com/electric/lyriq/contact-dealer?
    If you try it, let us know how it works for you.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Southpaw204

Southpaw204 New Member

I'm located near Austin, TX. We got our Lyriq on July3rd and chose the EVGO charging option. It was a big mistake, the charger density in this area is sparse at best. In addition, our dealership was less than helpful in getting account set up. The EVgo support team wasn't any better. After 6 weeks of phone calls and emails we finally believe that our account is working. I wished I had chosen the charger install option.