Towing capacity

Discussion in 'Blazer EV' started by Texas Niro EV, Jan 6, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Texas Niro EV

Texas Niro EV Active Member

The ICE Blazer has a maximum towing capacity for of 4,500 pounds. A Blazer EV would be a good replacement for my 2004 GMC Envoy if it has comparable towing capacity. I have a reservation on a F150L but it and the Silverado EV will not fit in my garage.

There are two other things I’m also not too excited about on the F150L and the Silverado EV, the price and the energy consumption. A top trim Blazer EV is probably going to run $30K less than a top trim F150L or Silverado EV. The Blazer EV will probably also weigh about 2K pounds less so the energy costs on long trips should not hit the pocket book nearly as hard.

Don’t get me wrong, the F150K and the Silverado EV are very exciting vehicles and it’s very hard to keep my emotions from getting the better of me. But I really don’t need anything as big as a full size pickup and if I bought one it would be more of a status symbol than anything else, not to mention that I would have to let it sit out in the rain, the snow and the sun for year after year. A Blazer EV might be the perfect EV replacement for my Envoy that would also eliminate my need for my Niro EV if the Blazer EV has towing capacity comparable to the ICE Blazer.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GetOffYourGas and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. William Burns

William Burns New Member

My 2020 Blazer RS with a V-6 actually tows up to 6000 pounds max. I don't think the towing capacity will be an issue for you on the Blazer EV, the issue may be the reduced range while towing. If you are not towing long distances/trips you will be fine though.