Took the SE out on a local drive this weekend!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Denise C, Mar 28, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

I haven’t participated in any local club drives in the SE and decided to give it a try! The lunch destination supposedly has a free charge point local charger. The route through mountain twistiest were 47 miles. I carefully drive 25 miles as in conserving battery haha to the meet up point and being the only SE in the group of about 10 cars. I gave it my best shot. Definitely was nervous when GOM was showing 25 miles left and battery actually still at 30%… I was like how much further and uphill is going to be?? Haha
    After a quick stop of photo op. We started to descent down towards the lunch destination. During that fun 15 min of down hill, the GOM ended up with 55 miles and 41% of battery! That was cool! Charger worked and slowly charge back up to 70% after lunch and was able to safely take the highway back down to the Denver area. I was nervous. But glad I was able to take her out and show off to her new friends from Mini5280!! IMG_1818.JPG IMG_1819.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

GetOffYourGas, wessy, Ketos and 7 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Looks like fun! How do we find out about the next one?

Denise C likes this.
  4. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

I find out these drive events from the mini5280 Facebook social group. I did a bunch of drives in the past with my ICE Mini Cooper S
    Now with the SE I have to carefully pick and choose what works for the range or not lol

wessy likes this.
  5. Quiet Mini

Quiet Mini Well-Known Member

Do they post anywhere else for those not on the book of faces?

BiggieSmall likes this.
  6. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

Unfortunately no. But I will let you know when they post events in the future. I am not on fb much either. Happens to check it out and saw a last minute pop up drive planned. My friends would tell me sometimes to see if I am interested to go. That’s how I find out half of the time anyway.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Do you know who was in the orange one?

9. Denise C

Denise C Active Member

No. I didn’t catch their name

10. Tommm

Tommm Well-Known Member

Brian & Lynda?