Title Mistakes - Gasoline vs Electric

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by JBW11, Aug 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JBW11

JBW11 New Member

My Niro EV is my second EV and both have had the same title mistake here in Pennsylvania. In the upper right hand corner is the "Fuel Type" and the choices here are "Gasoline" , "Hybrid" or "Electric". Both of my vehicles have been marked "Gasoline".

I was told that since it is a legal document, it must be changed now or upon sale. There is a $58 cost (in PA) plus the headache and time of re-submitting the new info AND the old title. My first car was taken care of willingly by the dealer (their mistake) and I'm hopeful this car will be equally painless.

The problem is that many (most?) people never see the title since the finance company has it, so I'm not sure how anyone would know. Also, I'm not sure if it is a big deal in other states.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ENirogus

ENirogus Active Member

If you own a car and posses the title, no one cares

I have cars that have the wrong year and if when you sell it the buyer doesn't care, then no one does
    Obviously if it is the dealers fault they should fix it.

Years ago I got pulled over in one of several of the same car I own, and the insurance girl had mis entered the color in transferring the registration. The cop let me go but I gave him permission to go look at the one in my front yard[of the color listed on the registration] and the snow over the VIN tag ws wiped away the next day

4. Well, here in California, if you were asking for the electric car rebate, and someone in the DMV saw gasoline on the title, it would probably cause issues.

So, is there any situation like this in Pennsylvania, if it matters financially, for a rebate or your insurance, fix it.

Greg

ENirogus likes this.