Tire rotation pattern

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by bigbug, May 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bigbug

bigbug Member

On page 506 of the owner's manual, 2 different rotation patterns are shown for "tire without rotation marks" and "tire with rotation marks". I don't know what a "rotation mark" is, and can't find a mark on the OEM tire. Which pattern should I follow?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member

bigbug

A tire with an "arrow" on the sidewall indicates that it is unidirectional. The arrow denotes the tire is to be mounted as facing forward and some are noted as "left or right". Tires should only be rotated front to back unless other steps are taken.

Tires without the arrow are more traditional and are rotated in the "x" pattern as it were. The OEM LRR tires that came on the Clarity are non-directional.

Link to short explanation https://www.lesschwab.com/article/what-are-directional-tires.html

Hope this helps

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The OEM LRR Michelin’s are non-directional tires and thus can be swapped from side to side. Believe it or not there is an actual Tire and Rim Association which publishes tire rotation recommendations. Here is their info and some Clarity tire and wheel info I gleaned from my always helpful fellow Clarity forum posters.

Tire size 235/45R18 94V
    OEM is Michelin AS Energy Saver
    55,000 mile warranty, non directional
    Wheel size 18 x 8J ET 50
    Bolt Pattern PCD 5x114.3
    36 psi
    19 mm lug nuts
    80 ft/lbs torque

The Tire and Rim Association recommends the Forward Cross for FWD nondirectional Tires and rims

F45C9AAE-DC3F-4056-8A20-88FA3C3D4E62.png

Tire repair info from Tire Rack posted 3/1/19 by @Sandroad:
    https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=77

bigbug and Spring_Clarity like this.
  5. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I feel extra special. My tires rotate when I drive my Clarity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

Spring_Clarity and tom kirshbaum like this.
  6. bigbug

bigbug Member

Thanks for the info. I just had the tires rotated at a local shop where they only swap front and rear. Will swap side to side as well next time.

7. To remove this ad click here.