Tire and Wheel Storage / Carriers

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Hatch, Aug 18, 2022.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hatch

Hatch Active Member

PA
    Hi All,

I found a set of good tire storage bags for the spare set of 17" wheels i purchased for the SE. I'm up to 3 sets of tires and wheels for various cars - all stored in the basement. And it's really tough carrying them up and down the steps.

These bags seem sturdy enough, and are made from a slippery fabric to make storage easy. Sliding wheels under the pool table and stacking them in pairs just got super easy. Full coverage of the wheel means less chance of scratching. The handle makes it so much easier to get them up and down the steps now.

Shipping to US is expensive, but i couldn't find anything similar to these anywhere else.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/152662094284

IMG_20220818_210400.jpg

IMG_20220818_210440.jpg

MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

I have two sets of Tire Rack wheel duffels (older versions), they also work great and adjust nicely to different wheel sizes. Also easy for loading wheels into the SE when they need to go somewhere.

carrrl, MichaelC and GvilleGuy like this.
  4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The 17" wheels for my Clarity PHEV are even heavier than the MINI wheels in my basement. I keep them all in the plastic bags from Discount Tire and remove the bags so I can slowly roll each one up the basement stairs. My heavy hydraulic jack doesn't roll, so I had to buy one of those 6-wheel hand-carts designed for going up and down stairs.

upload_2022-8-19_9-46-43.png

5. fishbert

fishbert Well-Known Member

I have a near identical product I got off Amazon a few years back. Works very well. The biggest advantage I see over OP's loose-fitting tire bags are how snug you can adjust these things.