Tilted instrument cluster panel

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Deepak Rao, Nov 9, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Deepak Rao

Deepak Rao Member

Hi Guys,

My wife just got a new Mini SE, and the instrument cluster mounted on the steering column appears a wee bit tilted. She doesn't even notice/care about things like this but the few times I drive the car it drives me nuts.

Dealer says it's an optical illusion because of the sloping dash behind but I can see the height difference between the left and right sides of the cluster when compared to the steering stalk.

Is it possible to adjust the tilt?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

This cluster is rock solid no adjustment maybe in Oxford they have to many Guinnesses when they install that screen!

Deepak Rao likes this.
  4. Rexsio

Rexsio Well-Known Member

I don’t know if you know but on a left side of steering column is a lever you can adjust steering wheel up and down maybe this can solve a problem with cluster to visually will look better if a wheel is lower.I’m 6.1” tall and my steering wheel is all way up .Just suggestions to solve an issue some how.

Deepak Rao likes this.
  5. CoachCookie

CoachCookie Active Member

May be obvious, but did you (or the wife) try adjusting the tilt of the steering wheel? The cluster is mounted to the column and tilts with the wheel adjustment...

Rexsio likes this.
  6. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

But there's no left-right tilt adjustment.

Deepak Rao and SameGuy like this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.