They Listened ... L3 Charging Stations

Discussion in 'Hyundai Ioniq 5' started by ScubaSteve, Mar 8, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

electriceddy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

4. I added a similar post here a couple of weeks ago. The first network to convert and associated rates are included in that thread;)
    I also did a comparison cost between the 2 systems and the rate worked out similar (at least for Kona EV @ a flattened 50 kW curve)

ScubaSteve likes this.
  5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve Active Member

You may recall, my 77 KWH battery, Ioniq 5 has no preconditioning so I've never achieved a 230 KW rate ... never ... with no chance in cooler temps; in winter, I certainly will get really slow fast charging rates. i.e. costs more due to time-based pricing (sitting for an hour or longer while charging). Even with that insane Quebec KW rate (I live in Ontario), I would pay less. Certainly less than a 80, 90, 100, etc. KWH battery will. Not less than 58, 64, 38, 24 KWH batteries; nor should I.

I also used to have the 64KWH battery, Kona EV, which also cost too much money by being charged by a time basis. This KW rate fee is a fairer method.

But that's not the whole story. What should be done once charging is completed, but the EV is still connected? Can it sit there forever? Should it be subject to a fine? How much? What should be done about Bolts, Kona EVs, ID.x models and other low capacity rated EVs connecting to 350 KW stations? No, they can't take advantage of them but if all the other stations are occupied ... Questions for a different thread.

Yes, I contacted the Minister myself, three years ago, and did receive a response back from the Ministry indicating they were looking into it, since it was part of their mandate.

Cheers,
    Steve

insightman likes this.