The Power Curve...

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by MrFixit, Mar 26, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

I ran a short data collection today with the intent of quantifying the HV Battery current during a 'full throttle' maximum acceleration condition. The top plot is the HV Voltage, and bottom plot is the current:

upload_2021-3-26_19-4-15.png

Not surprisingly, the voltage droops some during this very heavy load condition.
    Under this full acceleration condition (my SOC was near 100%), the battery is delivering 270 Amps at 320V. You can equate this to 86.4 kW, or 116 HP.

It was satisfying to find that this is very close to the expected value of 121 HP.

I also wanted to revisit the instrument panel and the power 'ticmarks'. It is a little challenging to hold the power cursor steady while trying to read the current, but this is my best estimate as to the current that corresponds to the 'tics'. @AnthonyW had a post related to this quite some time ago, but I do not believe his estimates were correct. We now have much better instrumentation capabilities...

upload_2021-3-26_19-4-54.png

Just for reference, you can express these 'tic' values in multiple ways:

upload_2021-3-26_19-5-19.png

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It will be interesting to see that test at a lower SOC. The Voltage Control Unit, reportedly boosts battery voltage to the motor for maximum power. At 40-50%, or a voltage below 300, will voltage be boosted to 320?

Ray B likes this.