The new guy!

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by Geek Driver, Dec 5, 2023.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hey y'all.

I have been considering an all eletric vehicle for a few years now, but just havent been able to pull the trigger.

That all changed this week when I got a deal i couldn't pass up.
    I am going to go pick up a 2023 Iconic on Friday!

Just thought I would introduce myself and show off the awesome wrap this thing has on it. I'm very excited.

Next step is to get a charger... Considering the unheated attached garage, I am thinking about a grizzly-e. any other suggestions?

Attached Files:

Jkoya, Puppethead, Rexsio and 6 others like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Even the color rim on the wheels match! Nice job, and certainly unique. I like it. Post some more pics from the front and back once you get it.
    What's the mileage on it? Lots of discussions on "chargers". A quick search helps, but it seems the grizzl-e are popular with even more discussions regarding the wiring for them.

4. Racejoe

Racejoe Member

Very fun! Hope you are ready to have a blast! I have a Chargepoint at home, a friend of mine has a grizzl-e, it seems to work well for him.

5. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Congratulations...and check the grill shutters.

6. teslarati97

teslarati97 Well-Known Member

Very nice, I'm sure @Puppethead will be excited to see another SE in St. Paul / Minneapolis!

I prefer hardwiring with a dumb (no smart features) EVSE. The prices for NEMA 14-50 receptacles have gone through the roof the past few years.

Puppethead likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Grizzl-e Classic (dumb charger) will definitely handle Minnesota winters. And it's one of the least-expensive EVSEs on the market. The only issue I've ever had with mine (hardwired) is after a power outage sometimes I've had to cycle the circuit breaker to get it back to normal operation.

9. Puppethead

Puppethead Well-Known Member

Do you know where the wrap was done? The photo doesn't seem to be taken at the MINI dealer...

10. I am told that the wrap was done by the crew at Platinum Auto Wraps/Tint Pros. The design was inspired by Warming Stripes.

http://showyourstripes.info

Puppethead, MichaelC, Tommm and 2 others like this.
  11. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

Even cooler (haha) when you know the backstory.

12. To remove this ad click here.