The included L1 charging cable stopped functioning

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by kunz427, Oct 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. kunz427

kunz427 Member

Hi all,

The charging cable that came with the car stopped working. I've used it 3 times so far, so I'm quite shocked. Any advice as to what to do?

Thanks

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. PHEV Newbie

PHEV Newbie Well-Known Member

Sorry to state the obvious but did you check whether the circuit was tripped? If the outlet is fine, just return it to your Honda dealer. I'm assuming that it's still under warranty.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Surely that's a "part" under the warranty... Have you asked the dealer to replace it to at least find out?

5. kunz427

kunz427 Member

Checked it on multiple outlets. The orange power LED lights up. When I connect it to the car, the green charge LED doesn't go on, and no charging takes place. I was planning on contacting the dealer, but wanted to make sure the cable was covered under warranty, and check if someone else had a similar experience.

6. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Have you set the car to a schedule? It won't charge just for plugging in if you have. The green light on the car should still come on for a bit, though.

Do other chargers work? Could be the charger in the car is defective if not.

Somebody posted a PDF here that shows the charger's light patterns if it's a failure it can detect. One or the other light flashing and such. If the orange light is just solid like normal, that indicates no problem.

ClarityDoc likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ryd994

ryd994 Active Member

Hold the charging door button on the fob, for a few seconds, that will override any charging schedule.
    Another way to do is start charging from the app. You can also set and unset charging schedule there

ClarityDoc likes this.
  9. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

You can also use the remote the begin the charge immediately if you have your car on schedule. We do this all the time when we are at the public charger. At home, we set the car the start charging at 2 a.m. When we are at the public charger, we override the setting via the remote, otherwise the charge won't start.

10. kunz427

kunz427 Member

I didn't have the car set on a scheduled charge. However, I used the fob to reset to default and it started charging again. Weird but at least it works again, thanks.