The first GMC Hummer EV!

Discussion in 'Hummer EV' started by Domenick, Mar 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The first GMC Hummer EV has been sold for $2,500,000. That's way above sticker!

It was auctioned off by Barrett Jackson with the proceeds destined for 9/11 charity: Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation.

This is interesting for a couple reasons. First, there's some footage of this thing actually moving under its own power with lots of people around, so you can get a good idea of its size and presence.

Two, this means that production in the factory that has been undergoing extreme renovation/refitting has finally begun. Of course, production is likely to be pretty low for some time. First deliveries are set for the end of the year. Still, progress!

Beside the brief footage from Barrett Jackson, there's a longer clip from the Speed Phenom channel, which I'll add below as well.

AMG246 likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. turtleturtle

turtleturtle Active Member

That regular sticker price though, oh man. Figured it would be expensive, but this is definitely not going to be a car for the masses.

Domenick likes this.
  4. I'm not sure what volumes they're expecting, but at that price point, yeah, not a high-volume vehicle. It's really to act as a halo, show that electric vehicles can be huge and fast/capable.
    GM's high-volume electric is likely to be a Chevy crossover. Cadillac Lyriq-sized, but more affordable.

5. larrenz

larrenz Member

Not a fan of Hummer although I must say that it looks better then the Cybertruck.

6. AZBill

AZBill New Member

I got to see that Hummer in person at Barrett Jackson, it was awesome looking.

Domenick likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.