The first 1000 miles

Discussion in 'Cooper SE' started by moff1959, Jan 31, 2021.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I covered my first 1000 miles last week in fog, rain and snow we chemically spray the roads here in Virginia and my car is covered in white powdery stuff, I thought time for the car wash.
    I had to think my local is a belt fed drive through type with the car in neutral.

I had to check does the Mini SE have neutral YES it does, the questions are has anyone used such a car wash? and was everything ok? I don't want the Mini to time out and go into park or have something happen to the control systems because of excess water, thoughts anyone?

dashboard.jpg

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge Well-Known Member

And here I thought you were going to report how you drove it easily during the break-in period, changed the oil, and were now able to fully enjoy your car. ;)

(Sorry, can't help on the carwash question, but isn't the online manual stickied somewhere on this forum?)

moff1959 and GetOffYourGas like this.
  4. polyphonic

polyphonic Well-Known Member

This won’t really answer your question, but do you have the piano black roof? It scratches so easily, so I can only imagine an automatic wash will install tons of swirls.

Optimum No Rinse is a breeze, if you want another route.

moff1959 likes this.
  5. I read the manual it does say you can put the car in neutral "for a short period of time" i.e. a car wash for instance.

6. I have a white roof and mirrors, the dealer did a poor job of prepping the car the glass still had the sticker marks and the glass was dirty also they cleaned the outside a few times while on the lot and the paint is not as good as it should be. It needs a good clean and polish but I will wait for the warmer weather for now I need to get the winter grim off the car.

polyphonic likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MichaelC

MichaelC Well-Known Member

Finally hit 1000 miles today, in much less dramatic weather conditions. (It was actually quite nice out today.) Wow, that took much longer than usual.
    1000mi.jpg