Tesla vs Apple

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by 101101, Aug 4, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

The original iPhone launched on June 29th 2007 and the first Model 3s were delivered 10 years later on July 28th 2017.

Right now Tesla has about the save valuation as Apple in mid 07 and right now is what should really be considered the real launch of the Model 3 you can see this about the birth of the performance variant.

Right now Apple is valued at about 1 trillion dollars. The fossil fuel industry valued at about 5 trillion dollars. I could see over the next 10 years Tesla taking all that value from that industry. Especially at the rate firms like VW are moving. I already think Tesla has achieved more than Apple and I think its tech is worth form more in terms of actual value to society at this point. I don't think a 100x increase in Tesla's valuation is unreasonable especially not if states are willing to tolerate 1 trillion dollar banks or 1 trillion dollar Apples.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

Apple in Mid 2007 had profit though, that is the 1 thing missing from Tesla.

4. You're not the first to say that Tesla is like Apple was -- but more like 15-20 years ago.