Tesla Problems

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David Towle, Dec 5, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

Many here complain about difficulty with Honda servicing. For comparison here is a pretty detailed article on problems Tesla is having, especially in Europe, with reliability and servicing. It includes issues I have seen previously in other stories so I don't think it is faux news, but please do note that the author is a short seller of Tesla (i.e. he has a $ interest in the stock going down)

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4391923-teslas-achilles-heel?utm_medium=email&utm_source=seeking_alpha&mail_subject=must-read-tesla-s-achilles-heel&utm_campaign=nl-must-read&utm_content=link-0

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

I have grown to trust only what I can see with my own eyes (but not on TV) and don't blindly believe what anyone says or writes as everyone seems to have an agenda these days and truth is harder and harder to find. This said, I know personally three people who own(ed) Teslas. Two of them still have and love them and never complain. The other, after his initial thrill, had so many problems and suffered so much the two or 3 months he owned the car so he sold it and bought himself a Volkswagen... That would make a 67% reliability (or 33% unreliability) in the narrow (but reliable) universe of my personal experience...

4. David Towle

David Towle Well-Known Member

You are still quite trusting, there is an Edgar Allen Poe quote “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

coutinpe likes this.
  5. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

21st Century amendment to Poe's aphorism: "Believe only half that you see in person, not including TV, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok or YouTube videos, in which the trust coefficient will go down likely to 15%..." Poe was lucky enough to live in a time without that.