Tesla No Longer A Niche Player

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by bwilson4web, Aug 3, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: http://www.autoline.tv/daily/?p=56697#more-56697

Speaking of sales, here’s a fascinating number that most people missed. WardsAuto reports that last month Tesla sold 9,517 cars in the U.S. market, up nearly 200% compared to last year. Tesla sold twice as many vehicles as Porsche. It sold more than Jaguar Land Rover, more than Volvo and nearly as much as Mitsubishi. And that means Tesla is no longer a little niche player. It’s now a full-blown member of the automotive manufacturers’ club.

Welcome to the club.

Bob Wilson

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

It will sell more vehicles globally than Porsche this year. 2x more that Jaguar. It is the dominant player now for 6 years at the top of the luxury market globally now and as of this month dominates all segments of the US luxury market low to high. It is the automaker with the most good will- every other automaker that is not a niche all the majors are basically pieces of sht the tail pipe end of the petrol logistical chain, public enemies. You have to go to upstart pure electrics to avoid that stigma. I say this even as a I have a fondness for the products of some of these brands like Honda and Toyota.

4. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

Or as Elon Musk put it in a company-wide email he sent to announce that they had almost met their goal of 5000 Model 3's in a week (or as he put it: Meeting that goal five hours later than planned):

“I think we just became a real car company.”

Details in a Green Tech Media article.

5. JyChevyVolt

JyChevyVolt Active Member

All those cars listed are niche brands. Elon can sell whatever to about 60,000 (and growing) fan base.
    • Caps sold out
    • Not-a-flame thrower sold out
    • Surfboard sold out
    Elon should sell some Tesla watch and smartphones and eat away at Apple profit. The watch might work better than using the phone to unlock those Model 3s.

6. David Green

David Green Well-Known Member

Give Tesla credit where due... They have made it further then I ever thought they would... Now there are real BEV choices coming out from other manufacturers that are compelling for those of us that are more discerning.

7. To remove this ad click here.