Tesla might bill you for in-car WiFi from July 1

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by Rphill, Jun 25, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rphill

Rphill New Member

Connected cars are growing rapidly. Connected vehicles are those that have access to the internet and other related features. For several years, Tesla has been offering this feature in its cars. But now that the market for connected commercial vehicles is growing it looks likes Tesla is looking to monetize the feature.

https://news.alphastreet.com/tesla-might-bill-you-for-in-car-wifi-from-july-1/

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

The name "Alphastreet.com" looks suspiciously like a stock investor site, and I would be extremely skeptical of anything I read at a site like that. Seeking Alpha, another investor site, is the primary forum on which serial Tesla bashers exchange their FUD, to be disseminated elsewhere... unfortunately including this very forum. :(

Now, as to the facts of this subject: My understanding is that Tesla will be offering a "Premium" upgrade to its wifi connection, and that optional upgrade will come with a monthly fee. In other words, it's a subscription service. Pay if you want the upgrade; don't pay if you don't want another monthly bill.

Frankly, I can't imagine why anyone who normally carries a smartphone would want to pay for an additional wifi connection. But I guess this will appeal to some.

From Electrek: "Tesla is introducing new paid ‘premium connectivity’ package to support in-car internet features of growing fleet"