Tesla Cybertruck offers compelling numbers, divisive design

Discussion in 'Rivian competitor products' started by Domenick, Nov 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Tesla has revealed its electric pickup entry, the Cybertruck. It is as out there a design as one could probably imagine. Maybe more out there.

So, if you're a Rivian fan, does this may make you feel pretty good about your decision? At least, design-wise? But how about the performance numbers and price tags? Do you feel Rivian needs to move closer to these figures?
    • Range: 500+ miles
    • 0-60 mph acceleration: <2.9 seconds
    • Towing capacity: More than 14,000 lbs
    • Payload: Up to 3,500 lbs
    • Vault length: 6.5 feet
    • Storage capacity: 100 cubic feet of exterior, lockable storage including the vault, frunk, and sail pillars.
    • Suspension: 4” in either direction
    • Touchscreen size: 17”
    • $39,900 base to $69,900 in top tri-motor form

tesla-cybertuck.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Seth Gagnon

Seth Gagnon New Member

Definitely think Rivian has design down for sure. I would expect for the high price tag that the ranges line up accordingly.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cole V.

Cole V. New Member

I am absolutely in love with the design of Rivian! I think they are going to be an absolute competitor with Tesla as well as Range Rover. I personally would like to see if Rivian could maybe bring their prices somewhat closer to what Tesla offers, numbers wise as far as pricing Tesla has this in the bag, unless Rivian can adjust pricing. This being said I think also Tesla went to strong on the “futuristic” look on the new cybertruck it’s a huge shock to everyone and it’s going to be, but I think people like Rivian have it absolutely right 100% with the design the look of both the R1T and R1S are B.E.A utiful!! Love what is coming in the near years! Would love to see a sedan from Rivian in the future!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Rivian's CEO RJ Scaringe has said: "The third vehicle will have a smaller wheelbase and will be the Rivian interpretation of a rally car with a lot of ground clearance."

I suspect it will be more hatchback than traditional sedan and create even more excitement around this brand.

1 person likes this.
  6. Cole V.

Cole V. New Member

I am super excited to see what Rivian has in store for our future! I absolutely love everything about the company! Keep up the hard work you guys!!!!

1 person likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.